Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rural mike View Post
    thanks for all of the replies. I suspect the information provided is due to typos. Do I understand you to say that any 12(6) handgun had to be registered in Canada prior to 1995? How would one know? (I am thinking of picking one up at auction...)
    The registration will indicate the class the firearm is in.

Out of curiosity do you have a prohibited endorsement?

yup. Had it for years, but I have not picked up much new hardware, and none in the 12(6) category

Is does the 12.x endorsement on your PAL already include 12.6? If not then you are out of luck. One is "stuck" in the 12.x category of whatever they had at the time it was prohibited. For example I'm 12.5 and so I can't get anything else other than another 12.5.
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Is does the 12.x endorsement on your PAL already include 12.6? If not then you are out of luck. One is "stuck" in the 12.x category of whatever they had at the time it was prohibited. For example I'm 12.5 and so I can't get anything else other than another 12.5.
    The only exception is 12.7 - and only if you have a family member with the correct firearm to pass along to you.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By JustBen

Doug_M (10-06-2021)

I HAVE 12(6). I have had it for decades. I just have not taken advantage of it and purchased any weapons in that class. (as hard as you guys may find it to believe...)
    Now I wish to do so.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By rural mike

Doug_M (10-06-2021)

Can anyone tell me what these classes are? I can't find any reference to them anywhere. Are they part of 12(6), or something completely different?
    The first is the hoped for prohibition of the current PM, while the second is the hoped for prohibition of the current Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

Or so I believe.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

I HAVE 12(6). I have had it for decades. I just have not taken advantage of it and purchased any weapons in that class. (as hard as you guys may find it to believe...)
    Now I wish to do so.

Good luck.

When one no longer possesses a 12(6) handgun, the 12(6) status of the licence automatically ceases to be valid.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

I did not say I did not HAVE prohibited weapons. I said I had not PURCHASED any.
    Good point, though.
    Hoped for prohibitions exist only in the mind. Not in law. Probably explains why I can't find any reference to them.

edit.
    When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.

Victor Hugo

Or of course it could just have been typos'.
    ANd I have no idea what "edit" is supposed to mean...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12