Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Beaver View Post
    Mine (paying $90/month, Rogers):
    I presume that's an introductory price. Regular for 1gbit Rogers should be around $120 / month before taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I presume that's an introductory price. Regular for 1gbit Rogers should be around $120 / month before taxes.
    That's my regular price, been that way for 5 years. "Business" internet. Price was higher 6 years ago, but I called my Rogers business rep to see if she could do better. She did.

Might have had something to do with a new company in town, "Metroloop" that was running fiber everywhere, 1gbit up and down they were offering (price was $175/month I think). Customer retention I guess is why they dropped my rate.
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    1.67 download.
    Is that bad?
    It sounds bad...
    Well, it's not good.
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

Ok I went to speedtest.net and this is what I got. Download 36.02 and Upload 18.48. This is a satellite system (Starlink) so perhaps atmospheric conditions could affect the speed, plus my Wife was also using her computer as well when I did the test, maybe that affects the speed as well.

I was curious about Starlink from this thread, im with xplorenet, its not bad but drops out periodically and its not very fast. Starlink is available in my area, average cost to start up is $800 bucks for equipment. They said the bandwidth is full at the moment but i could put a $129.00 down-payment to get in que for the next available spot, that will be late 2022!. So its definitely not a quick hook up and go thing it would seem .

Corey

We have a Telus SmartHub. It can be fast sometimes. Most of the time it sucks. One day I got a 0.9mbs download and a ping in the 300s

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    I was curious about Starlink from this thread, im with xplorenet, its not bad but drops out periodically and its not very fast. Starlink is available in my area, average cost to start up is $800 bucks for equipment. They said the bandwidth is full at the moment but i could put a $129.00 down-payment to get in que for the next available spot, that will be late 2022!. So its definitely not a quick hook up and go thing it would seem .

Corey
    That is why I switched to Starlink, the Rockethub we had would drop out (disconnect) any ware from 2-8 times a day, and my Wife was using it for online meetings and even seeing clients, it got to the point where it became unacceptable.

So as not to continue to pollute harbl's bug-out thread, here's the convo we had before about Starlink:

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...ternet-Service

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

FlyingHigh (10-14-2021), harbl_the_cat (10-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    That is why I switched to Starlink, the Rockethub we had would drop out (disconnect) any ware from 2-8 times a day, and my Wife was using it for online meetings and even seeing clients, it got to the point where it became unacceptable.
    Fair enough but did you have a year long wait before you got your equipment? Seems excessive even for a newer platform.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    Fair enough but did you have a year long wait before you got your equipment? Seems excessive even for a newer platform.

Corey
    My Wife contacted Starlink, paid with her credit card and they shipped it right away. I guess there isn't much demand around here so there was no wait for us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345