Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    62,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Beaver View Post
    Mine (paying $90/month, Rogers):
    I presume that's an introductory price. Regular for 1gbit Rogers should be around $120 / month before taxes.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Battle Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I presume that's an introductory price. Regular for 1gbit Rogers should be around $120 / month before taxes.
    That's my regular price, been that way for 5 years. "Business" internet. Price was higher 6 years ago, but I called my Rogers business rep to see if she could do better. She did.

    Might have had something to do with a new company in town, "Metroloop" that was running fiber everywhere, 1gbit up and down they were offering (price was $175/month I think). Customer retention I guess is why they dropped my rate.
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Battle Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    1.67 download.
    Is that bad?
    It sounds bad...
    Well, it's not good.
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Where Freedom Is Dying
    Posts
    1,439
    Ok I went to speedtest.net and this is what I got. Download 36.02 and Upload 18.48. This is a satellite system (Starlink) so perhaps atmospheric conditions could affect the speed, plus my Wife was also using her computer as well when I did the test, maybe that affects the speed as well.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    95
    I was curious about Starlink from this thread, im with xplorenet, its not bad but drops out periodically and its not very fast. Starlink is available in my area, average cost to start up is $800 bucks for equipment. They said the bandwidth is full at the moment but i could put a $129.00 down-payment to get in que for the next available spot, that will be late 2022!. So its definitely not a quick hook up and go thing it would seem .

    Corey

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,898
    We have a Telus SmartHub. It can be fast sometimes. Most of the time it sucks. One day I got a 0.9mbs download and a ping in the 300s

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Where Freedom Is Dying
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    I was curious about Starlink from this thread, im with xplorenet, its not bad but drops out periodically and its not very fast. Starlink is available in my area, average cost to start up is $800 bucks for equipment. They said the bandwidth is full at the moment but i could put a $129.00 down-payment to get in que for the next available spot, that will be late 2022!. So its definitely not a quick hook up and go thing it would seem .

    Corey
    That is why I switched to Starlink, the Rockethub we had would drop out (disconnect) any ware from 2-8 times a day, and my Wife was using it for online meetings and even seeing clients, it got to the point where it became unacceptable.

  8. #48
    Member awndray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,775
    So as not to continue to pollute harbl's bug-out thread, here's the convo we had before about Starlink:

    https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...ternet-Service

  9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

    FlyingHigh (10-14-2021), harbl_the_cat (10-14-2021)

  10. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    That is why I switched to Starlink, the Rockethub we had would drop out (disconnect) any ware from 2-8 times a day, and my Wife was using it for online meetings and even seeing clients, it got to the point where it became unacceptable.
    Fair enough but did you have a year long wait before you got your equipment? Seems excessive even for a newer platform.

    Corey

  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Where Freedom Is Dying
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post
    Fair enough but did you have a year long wait before you got your equipment? Seems excessive even for a newer platform.

    Corey
    My Wife contacted Starlink, paid with her credit card and they shipped it right away. I guess there isn't much demand around here so there was no wait for us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •