Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who knows pellet guns?

I want to buy a suppressed pellet gun now that I’m in the US for a few years, but there are too many options to sort through easily.

Crossman, Gamo, Benjamin, and a dozen other brands all make a dozen models each.

Some of my wish list:
    - Light, like no more than 4-5 pounds so my kids can easily shoulder it.
    - Semi auto highly preferred, ie no pumping if possible. This means CO2 only I think?
    - 22 cal would be nice.
    - Something 800-1000fps would be ideal so it will still kill a rabbit or squirrel no problem, but not cross into supersonic territory.

Any advice would be appreciated, please. I can find things online that seem okay but they’re too heavy, or break action, etc. There are no special ATF requirements for suppressed air guns, you can buy them at Cabela’s or on Amazon.

I’m also getting suppressors for my Walter PPQ Navy and newly bought American ARs, but those will take a year+ to process.
    I have no signature block.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

oilman28 (10-10-2021)

My 400 fps pellet pistol sucks back a pile of CO2 - doubling the speed requires four times the energy. Break action or high pressure compressed air is going to be the way to go.

So here’s my take…. If you want to target shoot in your basement, go with a pellet gun. Otherwise, a 22lr just makes more sense. You can go from hyper velocity right down to cb caps. You don’t have to worry about filling tanks, or buying cartridges, or pumping. Add to that the fact that a .22lr is usually more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smc View Post
    So here’s my take…. If you want to target shoot in your basement, go with a pellet gun. Otherwise, a 22lr just makes more sense. You can go from hyper velocity right down to cb caps. You don’t have to worry about filling tanks, or buying cartridges, or pumping. Add to that the fact that a .22lr is usually more accurate.
    It’s the US, ammo, even 22 can be hard to get.

Housing in VA/MD likely allows/ignores pellet guns, suppressed means squirrel hominy is easy peasey.

And hunting options may be more vs firearm. Some pretty developed areas allow bow hunting, shotgun only, etc.

Low noise is a very important factor here, that’s why I’m getting a suppressed one.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Swampdonkey (10-14-2021)

Pre Charged Pneumatic like Hatsan and Beeman seem to be the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Low noise is a very important factor here, that’s why I’m getting a suppressed one.
    Squirrel and dumplings?

There are hundreds of animals in the backyard, birds, squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, birds, etc.

I’m in the suburbs though, so yes it has to be quiet.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    244755466_266686375357021_6282998849674410156_n.jpg

this is what I use for back yard rodents,,, 490 fps,, can fire BBs or pellets

very low noise, and a very straight shooter

Cabela's

https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/rifle...fles/big-bore/

I've wanted a big bore air rifle for a long time, wish I bought one before the registry came back.

If you're determined to get a .22cal, I like Diana pumps.
    "My principles are only those that, before the French revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast