Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I found one!

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I love the feeling of finding something you’ve been looking for.

Sometimes you don’t even know you were looking for it and then whammy
    the joys of wandering around Princess Auto

So, I picked it up this afternoon. I couldn’t do anything with it until after 8pm tonight. I must say…Wow! Fit and finish on this Uberti is impeccable. I certainly don’t want anyone to see it next to either of my Marlins. It does look better then my Winchester. The wood is unbelievable!

I don’t know how long this gun was in storage after it left the factory. I would say…for some time. It was completely bone dry out of the box. (Not surprising.) I believe it has been fired at least once. (Function tested.) I was disappointed that it appeared to have some rust in the barrel. It took quite a bit to patch it out.

As you can see the pile of patches above. But a quick look with the bore scope showed a nice shiney bore. I should have checked the bore before I cleaned it. So I guess I won’t know how bad it looked before the cleaning started.

So I checked all of the screws. Only a couple needed snugging. Then after prepping the bore, I treated the metal and wood. As well as fully lubing the action and barrel. Then I had a look at the sight picture. Typical buckhorn. The front sight needed a sliver of yellow paint. Two coats carefully applied, and now it’s ready to shoot.

The action feels very tight. When my Winchester was new, it had a buttery smooth easy feel. This is tight. It will take a bit to loosen it up, I believe. And I love that octagonal barrel!

Time to put it to bed.
    Last edited by 6MT; 10-19-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Niiice!
    "When government grows, freedom shrinks." - US Senate candidate for Alaska, Kelly Tshibaka.

Coerced vaccinations are slavery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123