Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New boom stick

... got a similar Canuck "True North Strong And Free" 870 clone (made in Turkey) in 12 gauge - 14" bbl, 3" chamber
    ... no problems so far
    ... fast on the swing "partridge" & deer gun
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Thatís nice! With my scabbard, the entire gun is inside.
    I've got a couple of those scabbards too...my carbine levers fit in them just fine.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

6MT (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    I've got a couple of those scabbards too...my carbine levers fit in them just fine.
    Yeah, I might get another one for a lever too. They are pricey though. The one above was $70.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    ... got a similar Canuck "True North Strong And Free" 870 clone (made in Turkey) in 12 gauge - 14" bbl, 3" chamber
    ... no problems so far
    ... fast on the swing "partridge" & deer gun
    I looked at that when I was into P&D. It felt big, so I went with the Akkar.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Anyone know where to buy shorty 12ga buck and slugs? (1-1/2Ē & 1-3/4Ē) Iím looking for some small ball buckshot.
    I got mine at Cabela's, Federal, they have Champion as well but lately only in 7.5

I tried the little shotty out on Saturday. I must say that shooting 2-3/4” full power 00 buckshot loads are painful. Shooting those are shoulder busters for sure. Thankfully, I only shot 4 with the butt up against my shoulder. The 5th, I held the gun at my side.

I figured this in advance, so I also took some short shells. These were 1-3/4”, and again buckshot loads. Much easier to shoot from the 12 incher. But you need to cycle the extraction of the short shells fast and hard or the fresh round tends to jam by flipping about off the elevator. Get used to the cycling action and I think I found my go-to defensive round. I’ll need some practice to perfect this.

Everything worked as it should. Being so short, you really need to hold tight. Not for the faint-hearted for sure. And the full power loads are extremely loud. I also forgot to take some slugs I had (to see how they worked). While the slugs aren’t for defence, I still wanted to see how they performed just in case of bears and the like.
    Last edited by 6MT; 11-07-2021 at 03:28 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By 6MT

Gunrunner (11-07-2021), kennymo (11-08-2021), lone-wolf (11-07-2021)

I have Benelli m4 (those who have one will get that) that a really like. Way more than I thought I would. Itís fit and feel are like a musical instrument. I highly recommend them. I have some friends that loved their 590ís in Iraq
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

I tried out some 1-1/4 ounce slugs today. Ouch! All I can say is….hold on with this little thing! Still, I managed 3 out of five on steel at 100m. I also got more practice with short shells (buck shot and bird shot). Cycling these takes getting used to.

Damn..if it ain’t turning into a shot-rifle with those slugs!

I found my Churchill was surprisingly good with rifled slugs too. I think they were probably those 25 round boxes from Score, I picked up a bunch when they were around $25 a box. You can hit an 8” reactive target a surprisingly long way out, and the flat ‘groove’ on top of the receiver makes for a half decent sight picture with the tall front post.

I didn’t find the recoil that atrocious, but maybe the pistol grip stock has a little better geometry.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

6MT (11-14-2021)

My 12" Churchill.
    I agree, pistol grip makes all the difference.
    The rifled score slugs are awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Sabio

kennymo (11-15-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12