Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to buy a new gun chambered in that caliber, or a different caliber, whatever.
    another thought that I had was this would make a great excuse to get into reloading, I could get into reloading and salvage the components.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to buy a new gun chambered in that caliber, or a different caliber, whatever.
    https://theammosource.com/smith-and-...rel-collector/
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Swingerguy (10-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    another thought that I had was this would make a great excuse to get into reloading, I could get into reloading and salvage the components.
    The bullets are a couple thou bigger than 357/38 special. It's super annoying.

Bladesmith
    I have a little pump in 357. I shoot 38 special all the time, much cheaper. As a side note I have shot a lot of cattle in my life after using the 357 I won't use a 22lr again.

.38 S&W is a notoriously anemic round too. I had a Colt Police Positive in .38 Victory (same caliber) and it chrony'd at 600 fps. No perceptible recoil at all. You could almost see the round. Anyways, if you fired it in a .38 Special or .357 Mag, it might almost perform like a squib. Not worth the risk. It's expensive ammo for what are usually very cheap revolvers. I think I paid $125 for the colt, and $200 for the Webley in .38 S&W

I think every excuse is a good excuse to get into reloading, but I don’t know if you can salvage any of these components for anything but .38 s&w. I don’t have a .38 s&w, but if what Grimlock says in post 13 is accurate then you may be SOL.

LOL @ the soon to be pink......

I still have the 357 sig if anyone is interested, have had no takers on town post, was able to trade the 38's for 9mm but not the 357.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    LOL @ the soon to be pink......

I still have the 357 sig if anyone is interested, have had no takers on town post, was able to trade the 38's for 9mm but not the 357.
    Bot go bye bye. Post nuked.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Aniest (08-24-2022), Rory McCanuck (08-24-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12