Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is a permanent (ie: silver solder/brazed) barrel extension still an acceptable option? I thought they were doing that to bump some 4” revolvers over the prohibited line at one time.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    From what I have observed, replacing the barrel is easy if you have the proper tools. ie. barrel vise/receiver wrench. There are index marks on the barrel and the receiver that are used as timing marks. Check headspace with correct gauges and finish ream if needed. I have considered doing some but I have way too many Garand projects on the go. Adding another rifle to the mix would be a recipe for disaster here.
    That reminds me, I have a couple of Garand receivers that need to be built into rifles too.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By oilman28

FALover (11-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Is a permanent (ie: silver solder/brazed) barrel extension still an acceptable option? I thought they were doing that to bump some 4” revolvers over the prohibited line at one time.
    I called about a carbine I didn't have. Had a welded / brazed entension ..muzzle device thingy.
    No go. In the prohib pile it was to go. Swapping out barrel didn't matter, serial number says prohib.
    Phew. Glad I missed out on a mess of paperwork. Imagine if I had one.
    Would still be filling forms.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Oh yea, forgot to post about extensions not being accepted anymore.(in regards to barrel length) If it's not rifled they're not counting it kind of thing.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12