Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    So you get fine Russian craftsmanship with the added bonus of needing to feed it expensive ammo.
    Win/Win
    One of the reason these guns are reliable are reliable is because of the taper of the rounds. Putting a 5.56 makes it less reliable & more expensive to feed. Well, at least you get a flat trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    One of the reason these guns are reliable are reliable is because of the taper of the rounds. Putting a 5.56 makes it less reliable & more expensive to feed. Well, at least you get a flat trajectory.
    At 4-5 MOA
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Aniest (11-02-2021), SwissArmyMan (11-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Heard of these but never actually seen one, once the Americans banned chinese firearms I'm guessing they stopped producing them before many were made.
    Yeah, they got caught up in Clintons Chinese Norinco firearm ban and apparently the Chinese stopped making them after the ability to sell to the US market dried up. From what I read on another forum only about 15,000 got made and sold into North America and other western countries before they stopped making them as they already had tons of ones in 7.62x39mm already made to sell.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Whaaaa? I have never heard of such a thing.

I was in Lithuania in 2006 and we got to fire the Polish Baril rifles, but those were more of a wonky 5.56 NATO version of the AK-74, not SKS.

Off to google this alleged 5.56 SKS madness…

Here is another Norinco 5.56mm SKS from the web -

Another person on another forum say in his 1988 dated NORINCO catalog that he got from China Sports Inc that even lists a SKS with detachable box mag in .223 (on page 5).

There are some Norinco 84S’s floating around on a few reserves and some OC circles. Original 84S parts were obtained from a Manitoba gun dealer and then using a number lower receivers that waltzed into Canada with the assistance of CBSA were assembled into functioning rifles.

I’ve seen one a few years ago here in Ontario out on six nations. I understand a number of them are still around
    Last edited by Strangeday; 11-02-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    Years ago I was trying to convince folks the CAF should order a bunch of those 5.56 SKS and AKs for opfor usage. Just need some sort of BFA for them, and they could use the same blanks but add authenticity to training. It really bugged me that opfor was often in cadpat with c7s.
    Considering our military purchased the Iltis (at an horrendous price) there is zero chance they would purchase something as reliable and inexpensive as an SKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Considering our military purchased the Iltis (at an horrendous price) there is zero chance they would purchase something as reliable and inexpensive as an SKS.
    Hey now, the Iltis was good stuff.
    Well, good-ish.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Lee Enfield (11-09-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12