Buck 120, the Scream knife

The Buck 120 is not my usual type of knife but after binge watching horror movies all Halloween i had to have one. Just in time too as I was in the movie theatre last night and saw that a new Scream is coming out!

Ghostface definitely uses a Buck 120, it is even mentioned in one of the movies, however the model was discontinued and then re-introduced so mine is a second generation. I am not 100% sure of the differences between the two. In any case, thanks to S&R Knives for speedy delivery.

The familiar Buck yellow box

It comes with a black leather sheath that has a retention strap with snap closure. Obviously it is not as tight the molded Kydex I am more used to with my tactical knives.

I have to say, the knife looks quite stunning! It is indeed an “iconic” design and the mirror polish blade looks great (and sharp too).

Unlike Ghostface, i prefer reverse grip edge out over his Pikal style grip though

I admit I bought this completely because of Scream but you know what, it’s damn nice on its own! Anyone looking for a hunting/outdoor knife with 7”+ blade should seriously consider this one.

Also, check out Ghostface’s music videos…you may not know he has a budding singing career!

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RL1

lone-wolf (11-21-2021), telecaster (11-05-2021)

It’s a classic, I’ve got the little brother. Can’t remember the model #, but it was marketed and a ‘fish & bird’ version or something like that.

I find a drop point much more useful for most tasks related to hunting, and the blade is a bit long and unwieldy for a lot of utilitarian duties. I’ve carried a Buck Vanguard for years instead. The rubberized grip is also a nice touch over the hard, polished synthetic handle on the 120 when your hands are covered in blood in freezing temperatures. You’d think grip would be higher up the list for blade wielding serial killers? Scares the crap out of teenage girls at home by themselves I guess….
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

infidel29 (11-12-2021), Rory McCanuck (11-05-2021)

yeah it is kinda slippery..maybe that's why Ghostface always wears gloves?

RL

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    It’s a classic, I’ve got the little brother. Can’t remember the model #, but it was marketed and a ‘fish & bird’ version or something like that.

I find a drop point much more useful for most tasks related to hunting, and the blade is a bit long and unwieldy for a lot of utilitarian duties. I’ve carried a Buck Vanguard for years instead. The rubberized grip is also a nice touch over the hard, polished synthetic handle on the 120 when your hands are covered in blood in freezing temperatures. You’d think grip would be higher up the list for blade wielding serial killers? Scares the crap out of teenage girls at home by themselves I guess….
    You nailed my only "con" with this Buck, that handle is extremely slippery in the conditions you mention. On the "pro" side, if you're one of those that splits the pelvic bone or the sternum of your animal this Buck has a nice thick spine and will take love taps with whatever is on hand to split the bone with ease.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    You nailed my only "con" with this Buck, that handle is extremely slippery in the conditions you mention. On the "pro" side, if you're one of those that splits the pelvic bone or the sternum of your animal this Buck has a nice thick spine and will take love taps with whatever is on hand to split the bone with ease.
    The Vanguard is equally thick, and has a flat brass cap on the butt of the grip that’s prime for driving the point into a deer pelvis. I used a saw this year though .
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Thats what I use my 120 for. I find it's more suited for elk and moose though. I bought mine about 25 years ago and it takes a beating but keeps on working.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By oilman28

Camo tung (11-04-2021)

Yes! I'm excited for that movie. Sick knife as well. Digging the beard as well.

lol thanks..my first time growing one

RL

just discovered this handy chart t0day...mine is a 2021

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I think that might be the 102?