Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Outlaw,

You’re still not answering the question: What would you have us on this forum do to fight?

I get it, you keep saying we’re weak, but you’re not telling us what exactly you would have us do to fight this gun ban.

Be specific. What should we do?
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    What should we do?
    ... you've got 6 months to figure it out
    ... the CFP and SWAT plans are already in the works
    ... Kotanko was a dress rehearsal and a warning (the government has drawn its line in the sand)
    ... admittedly the owners with registered OIC prohibs don't have a lot of options
    Last edited by Gunrunner; Yesterday at 07:25 AM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    ... the CFP and SWAT plans are already in the works
    ... Kotanko was a dress rehearsal and a warning (the government has drawn its line in the sand)
    Nope. And anyone who keeps repeating this nonsense, is just stoking fires of prejudice and divisiveness. And we all know you're good at doing that.

... in more than one conversation I've heard the opinion that the OIC ban is just a bunch of hot air for political purposes (like the c68 LGR) to impress anti-gun urban voters and that no overt enforcement action by authorities will ensue on or past May 1
    ... I hope that presumption is right and before Kotanko I was of that opinion myself
    ... the police have become much more militarized since the c68 LGR and I'm afraid the Liberals might be willing to take the disarmament agenda to the next stage and bring the fight to those who choose to hold out registered banned firearms especially if they refuse to comply in a public way like Bruce Montague did
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

... in more than one conversation I've heard the opinion that the OIC ban is just a bunch of hot air for political purposes (like the c68 LGR) to impress anti-gun urban voters and that no overt enforcement action by authorities will ensue on or past May 1
    ... I hope that presumption is right and before Kotanko I was of that opinion myself
    ... the police have become much more militarized since the c68 LGR and I'm afraid the Liberals might be willing to take the disarmament agenda to the next stage and bring the fight to those who choose to hold out registered banned firearms especially if they refuse to comply in a public way like Bruce Montague did
    Ok, it’s like this. The government want to move its agendas forward, so that they can “ tick off that box” . Remember, the last election was the first one in our history where rural votes no longer mattered, as urban votes can take an election, so we know the audience
    The government IMO, wants some gun to come in ( the known restricteds for example) but would prefer not pay out big dollars for everything. If you “ put it away in a pipe” the same effect had been achieved. They are out of circulation. Once the amnesty is over, they will , again , in my opinion, criminalize possession, so if it’s found in your “ hands” they will change with possessing a prohib, much like they do now, they may add a few extras, like possession while unauthorized, etc. But , that’s what you’ll see
    Recall, the gov doesn’t want bad press, so an ITO and warrant for a s.87 infraction is highly unlikely unless there are significant other circumstances, besides LE has not been in any shape way or form, resourced for these types of activities, what resources we do have, are being stretched full out to fight crimes that are not administrative. Again , this is just “ my opinion”
    Besides , this whole thing is being run by an office within Public Safety...not an LE agency ....

Quote Originally Posted by paleomechanic View Post
    Ok, it’s like this. The government want to move its agendas forward, so that they can “ tick off that box” . Remember, the last election was the first one in our history where rural votes no longer mattered, as urban votes can take an election, so we know the audience
    The government IMO, wants some gun to come in ( the known restricteds for example) but would prefer not pay out big dollars for everything. If you “ put it away in a pipe” the same effect had been achieved. They are out of circulation. Once the amnesty is over, they will , again , in my opinion, criminalize possession, so if it’s found in your “ hands” they will change with possessing a prohib, much like they do now, they may add a few extras, like possession while unauthorized, etc. But , that’s what you’ll see
    Recall, the gov doesn’t want bad press, so an ITO and warrant for a s.87 infraction is highly unlikely unless there are significant other circumstances, besides LE has not been in any shape way or form, resourced for these types of activities, what resources we do have, are being stretched full out to fight crimes that are not administrative. Again , this is just “ my opinion”
    Besides , this whole thing is being run by an office within Public Safety...not an LE agency ....
    I wouldn't be surprised if the government quietly extended the deadline so they could draw this out for another couple of years and use it as ammo against the conservatives in the next election. Which will most likely be within two years.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By oilman28

Aniest (Yesterday), awndray (Yesterday), Doug_M (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Nope. And anyone who keeps repeating this nonsense, is just stoking fires of prejudice and divisiveness. And we all know you're good at doing that.
    ... you need to pull your head out from between your butt cheeks and take a look at the real world
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the government quietly extended the deadline so they could draw this out for another couple of years and use it as ammo against the conservatives in the next election. Which will most likely be within two years.
    If I'm not mistaken Bliar alluded to there being no confiscation any time soon. Something along the lines of you can keep your guns but God help you if one gets stolen and used in a crime, or something like that.

... you need to pull your head out from between your butt cheeks and take a look at the real world
    Fact: you don't know what you're talking about.

Anyone questioning the state of a lot of members' mental health here? There is a big difference between acting like a moron for fun and being one.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819