Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Somebody needs to make some urinal targets.
    War.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Somebody needs to make some urinal targets.
    Don't want to think about him when I'm touching my wee wee.

One of the few surprises in Tuesday’s Throne Speech was that the Liberal government intends to empower provinces to ban handguns if they want to .

Under the proposed law, the federal government would refuse to issue restricted (ie: handgun) licences or handgun registration permits in any province or municipality that votes to become a “no handgun” jurisdiction. Local police would then get a list of all handgun owners and their firearms that now need to be handed in, transferred out of the municipality or province or sold to a gun dealer.

This is the Liberals’ second major swipe at gun control, after a controversial order in council last year that banned more than 1,500 firearms based largely on their “assault-style” appearance, rather than any inherent functionality.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    One of the few surprises in Tuesday’s Throne Speech was that the Liberal government intends to empower provinces to ban handguns if they want to .

Under the proposed law, the federal government would refuse to issue restricted (ie: handgun) licences or handgun registration permits in any province or municipality that votes to become a “no handgun” jurisdiction. Local police would then get a list of all handgun owners and their firearms that now need to be handed in, transferred out of the municipality or province or sold to a gun dealer.

This is the Liberals’ second major swipe at gun control, after a controversial order in council last year that banned more than 1,500 firearms based largely on their “assault-style” appearance, rather than any inherent functionality.
    That is just a way for the feds to try to unload their dirty work onto the provinces. I hope it backfires in their faces. Out west it would be suicide for the provinces to start taking away firearms. Provincial politicians are more sensitive to their constituents than the feds, and further more, the pressure can be brought to bear locally ( if necessary ) in a provincial setting as opposed to try to influence Ottawa from a distance.

I think it may auger well in our favor.
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

This is Rex Murphy's view of the throne speech and is right on the money.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...n-democracy-is
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By barkerlakebob

Rory McCanuck (Today)

The Trudeau government, especially after the inelegant disembarkation of Marc Garneau, is more like a sophomoric club of Greenpeace enthusiasts than the government of a G7 country. We are awash in mediocrity and almost nobody, government or opposition, is saying anything sensible. The world is paying no attention to us, with good reason.
    -- Conrad Black, Nov 27 2021, https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con...ssia-and-china

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

awndray (Yesterday), M1917 Enfield (Yesterday), Rory McCanuck (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
    That is just a way for the feds to try to unload their dirty work onto the provinces. I hope it backfires in their faces. Out west it would be suicide for the provinces to start taking away firearms. Provincial politicians are more sensitive to their constituents than the feds, and further more, the pressure can be brought to bear locally ( if necessary ) in a provincial setting as opposed to try to influence Ottawa from a distance.

I think it may auger well in our favor.
    It’s an end run around the provincial governments. They’d have to fight every lower entity that made the “request” to the federal government.

It’s probably more about neutering Ford than Kenny the federal lapdog.

I'm also concerned about the expanding the prohibited oic list part he mentioned in his speech.
    Pump actions speak louder than words

The document that encompasses the OIC (what’s it called RB?) stated back in May 2020 that the intent was to continue to expand the bans as other “military style assault weapons” become popular.
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast