Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’ve owned two or three over the years. Always regret selling it after I do. I may have some full moon clips for one laying around somewhere
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Mine is a S&w 686. Same hole at 17 yards. It is a never sell, or never give to gov.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

3. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

RELOAD (01-11-2022)

Good lord...what was done to that gun in a previous life that you felt it necessary to disassemble it that far? It's a Smith for god's sake. Unless it's been carried well lubed in a box of sand it's whole life leave well enough alone.
    I love my L frames (and K's and N's lol) but my Super Blackhawk is a keeper too. Even better when it has a top roll stamp that reads "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". 240 grn 44 Mag go boom with authority!
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Grimlock (01-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Good lord...what was done to that gun in a previous life that you felt it necessary to disassemble it that far? It's a Smith for god's sake.
    Sat in my safe for 4 years unfired...

+ my curiosity over never fully cleaning it when I first bought it
    + my ignorance of how complex of a machine it is.

Unless it's been carried well lubed in a box of sand it's whole life leave well enough alone.
    After this, I'm following TYM's cleaning advice.

I love my L frames (and K's and N's lol) but my Super Blackhawk is a keeper too. Even better when it has a top roll stamp that reads "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". 240 grn 44 Mag go boom with authority!
    I had a Ruger Blackhawk Convertable in .45 ACP .45 Long Colt.

It had headspace issues with my reloads, so I sold it.

I really regret it.

I LOVED the feel of that gun.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Mine is a S&w 686. Same hole at 17 yards. It is a never sell, or never give to gov.
    I also have a 686. 6 in ported BBL no Hillary Hole.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By RELOAD

Camo tung (01-12-2022)

I think a lot of shooters my age and younger really don't appreciate revolvers as much as they should.

It seems as if modern semi-auto's are to pistols what AR-15's are to rifles.

Traditional semi-auto's (Browning HP, 1911) are to pistols what traditional Milsurps are to rifles.

I feel like revolvers with swing out cylinders are like bolt action target rifles.

Revolvers with load gates are like bolt action hunting rifles.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    I think a lot of shooters my age and younger really don't appreciate revolvers as much as they should.

It seems as if modern semi-auto's are to pistols what AR-15's are to rifles.

Traditional semi-auto's (Browning HP, 1911) are to pistols what traditional Milsurps are to rifles.

I feel like revolvers with swing out cylinders are like bolt action target rifles.

Revolvers with load gates are like bolt action hunting rifles.

Wheel guns are real guns. I have Rhino that shoots just amazingly well and a 686 2.5 that’s great….but I have a Colt Cobra that is probably the most accurate snub I have ever shot. I had a couple Smith Mod 36’s that I had better luck hitting the target by throwing them down range fathers than pulling the trigger.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Strangeday

harbl_the_cat (01-12-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12