Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd View Post
    I have 3 JR Carbines 9mm, 40 and 45. They were all bought used and the 45 had the stripped screw issue and sent it to Elwood Epps and they fixed it up for free. The only issue with the 45 I have is that it will only feed round nose plated or jacketed rounds and will not feed SWC or cast lead rounds reliably. Other than that they are a bit heavy but shoot great.
    Will it feed cast bullets if they're powder coated or very hard?
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

I have tried cast round nose and although better still gets caught on the feed ramp and have not tried coated rounds but that may help.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Elmer Fudd

harbl_the_cat (03-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd View Post
    I have tried cast round nose and although better still gets caught on the feed ramp and have not tried coated rounds but that may help.
    Are your cast round nose bullets pretty hard?
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

I'm not sure of the make of them as they were given to me by a shooter getting out of the sport and they were not labeled as to who or where they were made or if they were a home casting lot.

What I hated most was shredding the castle nut on the stock every time I wanted to take it down to clean it. Bad way to design a gun if you plan to clean it more than once every 2000 rounds.
    Pump actions speak louder than words

You clean your guns?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12