Need Help! 22 Mag Scope Options? Paralla?

So I have myself a CZ 455 in 22 mag that looks to be pretty accurate. I have so far only shot it with a Bushnell Banner 4x's Circle X reticle, which has some pretty thick crosshairs, and it's just not cutting it for 100m shooting.

The rifle will be used for targets at 100m but also going to serve as a rabbit, ground hog, and squirrel gun at distances closer to 50m.

The issue for me is not power or scope choice as much as it is Parallax settings. I have pretty much made up my mind that a 2-7x32mm-36mm is the way to go.

I am considering a Vortex Diamondback which comes in a 50m parallax rimfire model, or a centre fire 100m parallax model.

I guess my problem is I have no idea which to choose, and how much difference the Parallax settings are really going to make.

Does the 50m rimfire parallax settings make much difference when reaching out to 100m?

I definitely don't want to sacrifice any clarity or accuracy at 100m, as target shooting is probably going to be the primary use for the gun.

That said I am a headshot kind of guy so I want to know my shots under 100m are going to be dead on as well.

I keep reading about parallax not being a huge issue at low power, and for hunting purposes I would be dialing the magnification back to 3-4 x's. This makes me think it may be a better bet to go with the 100m centrefire for the target shoooting, but I am concerned about the clarity/focus at close distance with shots as close as 20/30m when squirrel hunting.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also any scope suggestions would be helpful, but I am pretty set on the 2-7x36mm. Size of the scope is a limiting factor as I don't want to lose the iron sights on the gun.

Thanks in advance....
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

simmons 6-18x40 ballistic dial .22lr with parallax down to 10 yards. Model 536184.
    Getting 1 inch groups with my 10/22 at 50.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

I just can't go that big due to th rear sight.

I may just cheap out and go with a Simmons 22 mag with adjustable AO, but I have my doubts it will hold up. It's the only thing in that size of a scope with adjustable AO.

Nothing in a 2-7 comes inan adjustable AO so I gotta pick rimfire or centrefire if I go that way.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

I've already dropped my 10/22 the simmons held up with no issues (my vortex broke when that happened)

I read nothing but good reviews about the simmons 22 mag, but I feel the gun deserves more....

I have my doubts about Vortex as well, In a rimfire scope though the comparable Leupold is about $80 more.

I am also considering the Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 if I decide to go with a centrfire scope.

i've got a Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40mm on my 10/22. I love it.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...-LEUPOLD-DEALS
    #63735 VX-1 2 - 7 x 28 Rimfire, Fine Duplex. - $205.00

damn roger has some good deals

Damn that is a good deal.....

I am ordering it in the morning!