CZ 600 Safety Issue

CZUSA Field Sports
    2h
    IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE
    REGARDING CZ 600 BOLT-ACTION RIFLES
    CZ has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles that could potentially result in injury.
    You should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle while CZ further investigates this issue. We will provide additional information shortly.
    At CZ, we value our relationship with you and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    Thank you for your patience, your cooperation, and for choosing CZ. Your safety comes first.
    Afaik no rifles are in Canada yet. I wonder what the issue is.
    I didn't see any youtube videos about it, so the fb post from cz is all I got.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Here's the non-Facebook post.

https://www.czub.cz/en/media-news/im...-action-rifles

Seeing the other thread and now this, I'm glad I didn't jump on a pre-order. I get that first-run models typically have issues when they're released, but right out of the gate? Not a good look.
    Last edited by awndray; 04-23-2022 at 06:51 AM. Reason: speeling

3. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

lone-wolf (04-23-2022)

I was bouncing between possibly a 600 trail, a bcl bison, howa mini, and a ruger american ranch
    Doesn't look like I'm going to jump on any 600s for a bit

I really need a .223 bolt to fill the Trudeau-esque hole left in my gun cabinet. Really leaning towards an American Ranch just so I can use all my mags. They aren’t my ideal rifle though. Maybe I’d feel better if I stuck one in a pepper laminate from Boyd’s…
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I really need a .223 bolt to fill the Trudeau-esque hole left in my gun cabinet. Really leaning towards an American Ranch just so I can use all my mags. They aren’t my ideal rifle though. Maybe I’d feel better if I stuck one in a pepper laminate from Boyd’s…
    Are you looking for support? Because I think you need one badly. But don't post pictures, because then I would need one too. I've used a different RAR, and it was a typical Ruger. Well-made, good design, nothing refined or polished.

I was thinking about a 600 trail, but not until they work the bugs out.

I think the American is a decent design, I don’t care for the stocks much though. Way too flexy IMO.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

CZ-USA has recently learned of a potential safety issue with the CZ 600 bolt-action rifles. CZ-USA is voluntarily initiating a recall of these rifles to protect the safety of its customers because of the potential for a catastrophic failure if the barrel is not installed correctly.

To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using your CZ 600 rifle and not load or fire it until it has been returned to CZ-USA to be inspected and modified.

CZ 600 rifles were designed to allow the users to replace the barrels themselves to change the caliber. CZ-USA has learned that if the barrel is improperly installed, it is possible that the rifle could still be fired, but potentially result in a catastrophic failure. CZ-USA will correct this issue by permanently installing the barrels in CZ 600 rifles. As a result, the barrels on CZ 600 rifles will no longer be interchangeable. CZ-USA understands that this solution may not be acceptable to some of our customers, in which case we will issue a full refund upon presentation of a valid receipt for the purchase of your rifle.
    https://cz600recall.com/

silly euros thinking people are competent

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    silly euros thinking people are competent
    makes you wonder if remington is gonna start welding their barrels on