Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Airsoft is not a sport…it’s a game played by people that are disqualified from having a firearms license. When airsofters get together it’s what I imagine an incel support group looks like
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Many would say that bouncing on a trampoline, tug of war and croquet are not sports, but some are in the olympics now and some have been in the Olympics in the past. Darts, bowling and snooker are all very big money sports and the people engaging in them are athletes, some even high level athletes.
    I think it's unfair to declare that air soft is not a sport, the free market will decide what it is if the government will get out of the way.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

infidel29 (07-05-2022)

If you can lose an eye, it's a sport. One I'm not interested in, but I certainly don't want it made illegal.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

Aniest (06-02-2022), JustBen (06-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Airsoft is not a sport…it’s a game played by people that are disqualified from having a firearms license. When airsofters get together it’s what I imagine an incel support group looks like
    I am no liberal so I wont cry at this weak jab but rather laugh at the lack of effort put into your insult. Airsoft attracts a very broad spectrum of people from the gun nut youtubers like Garand Thumb and TRex arms Botkin to blue collar father son combos just wanting to have a fun saturday in a forest with friends. It is challenging to your mind, lets you escape the reality of the daily drama and lets you make good connections with a wide variety of people.

The hardest type of person I actually had to deal with was a doomsday prepper that brought their teen nephew out so he could learn how to effectively shoot people that were running so as to protect their hideout. They have never returned as we explained to them that telling players they would have killed them if this was real was not good behaviour.

So yeah, wide variety of people from all walks of life that are interested in something that mirrors their video game fantasy but requires actual thinking and hand eye coordination with a stinging punishment for failing. Everyone has always been welcome.

Did I mention the amount of people with firearms licenses that come out and enjoy the "sport" as well. Heck even Ian Runkle plays airsoft and he is a criminal lawyer with a top notch brain! What is your excuse?

Wrapping up our first competition this week.

Airsoft is an odd one to time and requires digital/mechanical targets to score a shooter. Normal IPSC timers wont work accurately on a soft shooting replica. So we have run a summer championship with 2 stages per match and 4 matches with a drop week in scores.

Over 25 shooters have been in attendance with 90% of them shooting regularly in the matches. Everything is maintained and scored by Practiscore. Divisions in play are Open, Standard, Carry Optic and we have allowed rifle in for fun just to get a few extra people excited about competitive target shooting. We have been shooting all 3 sizes of IPSC cardboard targets, thanks to DoubleTap sports for their fast shipping and having targets in stock ready to go. Over the last 2 months we have held regular club meets to introduce more intense and stricter rules to the shooters, build up our procedures and have fun with constructing stages and learning how to shoot fast and accurately.

I would say 100% of my shooters have come from airsoft internally and a few expressed interest in shooting IPSC in the future. Capturing external shooters through advertising and avenues like GOC is tough. Social media is a mess to advert on and the FB/Instagram avenue hates guns of any type. Tik Tok is garbage in my opinion and I wont put that app on my phone. I understand bill c21 is still in process, everyone is busy scooping up handguns and airsoft is cringy to some but I am trying my damndest to produce a night of shooting and stages that give a close resemblance to what someone would expect at an IPSC match. Its the feedback from seasoned veterans of the sport that can help steer my clubs direction to make it more appealing so advice and feedback is always welcome.
    If anyone is interested in seeing how we are doing or wants to try out a very high quality replica you are always welcome to join us (no entry fee if you are not shooting) at Tactical Airsport Zone on wednesy nights 5-10pm.
    July 20th is our 4th and final match of this "championship".

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TAZGreg

M1917 Enfield (07-19-2022), SIR VEYOR (07-19-2022)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456