The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

Rossi gallery gun - 22 pump

After unsuccessfully hunting around for one of these with wood furniture, I finally broke down and ordered one in synthetic before the price goes up AGAIN. The distributor actually had a few in stock, so theres a massive plus given the current desert....errr...I mean, market.

Ive always wanted a pump action that could fire any flavor of 22. Anybody own one already ? What do you think of it ?

https://rossiusa.com/firearms/pump-a...-black-polymer
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

I had a real nice FN pump .22 SLLR until my truck got stolen with it inside. The rifle was perfect for the trap line where I used it. Truck ended up just south of Brantford so we know where the rifle is. They took everything that was in the truck except my fur traps cause then they might have to work if they used them.

A couple guys I grew up with had the old Winchester (I think?) rifles that these were likely based on. Sweet little things, I was always a little jealous.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I was watching a youtube video of a guy firing CB shorts out if it (subsonic), and it was so quiet it almost sounded supressed. Good for pest control when you...ummm.....dont want to be noticed. Im curious to see if its as quiet in real life. Not having to worry about whether it'll cycle with low powered ammo is a real plus in my books. Also being able to cycle duds out quickly will be cool. I wonder if my buddy still has that gopher patch out beside his barn.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

I had a stevens visible loader in my hands at the gun show when the fellow next to me said, I'll buy it

So I almost had a rimfire pump
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Cabela's has them in stock, in wood but they only mention 22LR
    CCI makes 22LR "quiet" in 2 varieties, both subsonic, Quiet-22 @ 710 fps and "Quiet-22 Semi Auto" @ 835 fps

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I had a stevens visible loader in my hands at the gun show when the fellow next to me said, I'll buy it

So I almost had a rimfire pump
    That was incredibly bad form on the part of the vendor and other guy. I had the same scenario when I was looking at my Luger, but with better manners all around.

Otherwise... We used to have a pair of Winchester 1906's. I always liked those little gallery guns. Buddy had a Remington 1908 at the last show, but didn't get a nibble on it. Maybe I should make him an offer. But then he also has a really nice Gevarm I'd not mind picking up, should he decide to let it go.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

M1917 Enfield (05-12-2022), stevebc (05-12-2022), Stew (05-12-2022)

I had one years ago, I should never have traded it to a friend, it was an excellent little .22 pump rifle.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

I gave a Browning Trombone to my SIL. Never shot it. IIRC it shot 22 shorts, was a very old gun.