Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    Transfer Start June 1
    Transfer Approved July 20 (7 Weeks!)
    In my hands July 28

Ontario
    So they have finally gotten to the guns purchased during the run on gun stores. Up until now it's just been purchases from regular times. How long can it possibly take to smack a file with a rubber stamp? Weeks and weeks in Ontario, apparently.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

I talked to the AB CFO office Wednesday (bottom) due to a sale I made. I asked about mail-in PAL renewals and mail-in transfer forms...

The lady said the RCMP Firearms Center has just started opening any mail received in early May. She said mail-in renewal forms for PALs could take 6-9 months, new PAL forms could be a year or more.

She would not comment directly when I asked what would happen if a handgun transfer ban by O.I.C. happened in late September (when Parliament sits again), and then they started opening mail-in transfers after that O.I.C. date. She did say, however, is that the first thing that happens when mail is received the envelope gets a received date and that a postmark date is not their concern.

You take from that what you will...

- - - -
    Date of purchase & payment: Sunday July 24, 2022
    The date my transfer was put in by seller in Alberta: Tuesday July 26, 2022 (on hold 3 hrs - tried for 1.5 days)
    The date my transfer was put in by buyer in Alberta: Wednesday July 27, 2022 (on hold 1 hr - called right at 9:00am local time)
    My transfer was put in through a vendor/private: PRIVATE
    Province: ALBERTA
    I got my transfer approval: ----- (told 6 weeks estimated)

Added extra information just cause
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I talked to the AB CFO office Wednesday (bottom) due to a sale I made. I asked about mail-in PAL renewals and mail-in transfer forms...

The lady said the RCMP Firearms Center has just started opening any mail received in early May. She said mail-in renewal forms for PALs could take 6-9 months, new PAL forms could be a year or more.

She would not comment directly when I asked what would happen if a handgun transfer ban by O.I.C. happened in late September (when Parliament sits again), and then they started opening mail-in transfers after that O.I.C. date. She did say, however, is that the first thing that happens when mail is received the envelope gets a received date and that a postmark date is not their concern.

You take from that what you will...

- - - -
    Date of purchase & payment: Sunday July 24, 2022
    The date my transfer was put in by seller in Alberta: Tuesday July 26, 2022 (on hold 3 hrs - tried for 1.5 days)
    The date my transfer was put in by buyer in Alberta: Wednesday July 27, 2022 (on hold 1 hr - called right at 9:00am local time)
    My transfer was put in through a vendor/private: PRIVATE
    Province: ALBERTA
    I got my transfer approval: ----- (told 6 weeks estimated)

Added extra information just cause
    CSAAA, the industry group representing gun/ammo manufacturers and retailers have been saying recently that if your PAL expires in the next 9 to 12 months, get your renewal in now.
    Justin 2015

Justout 2019

4. The Following User Liked This Post By soulchaser

Aniest (08-03-2022)

Well, my complaint in regard to wait and processing times is in with the Ontario Ombudsman...along with however many other hundreds or (hopefully) thousands.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckbuster

Aniest (08-03-2022)

Don't these gov't departments have published service standards?
    "We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying.

And still they continue to lie." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

8. The Following User Liked This Post By stevebc

Aniest (08-03-2022)

I'd like to find out that this massive slowdown isn't due to workload but on orders from the Public Safety Minister.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Aniest (08-03-2022)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    I'd like to find out that this massive slowdown isn't due to workload but on orders from the Public Safety Minister.
    I'm sure the CFO offices are tapped into the same computer system we are when we put transfers in at the store. What used to take 2-3 minutes to input now takes 20-30 minutes because the system is so jammed up. The problem of 26-52 (depending on what rumor you go by) times as many transfers MULTIPLED by the 10 times increase in time it takes to just put on into the system makes for a perfect train wreck. I don't really expect to see the gun I bought back in mid June before the snow flies...but who knows. One thing is for sure. I won't be buying anymore just because I don't want that lose end hanging out there until sometime next summer.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Aniest (08-03-2022)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Has anyone had a transfer go though that had a 592xxxx or 593xxxx reference number ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Has anyone had a transfer go though that had a 592xxxx or 593xxxx reference number ?
    mine was 588xxxx
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Sabio

Aniest (Yesterday), blacksmithden (08-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I had two transfers go through last week with reference numbers of 588xxx and 593xxx.

17. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By oilman28

Aniest (Yesterday), blacksmithden (08-07-2022)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast