Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homme007 View Post
    Geez.. any places in the GTA that I can buy one? looks like a lot of places are sold out!
    Not in Ontario, but check your notifications. Top right of the page. Pickings are pretty slim right now. As far as non restricted stuff goes, no, you don't have to be affiliated with a range at all. Just go and buy one.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

But online like at gotenda. Two for one revolver, semiautos.

Question is what's next?
    Read this person's story: https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...ey-of-a-Newbie

Really? you need to be affliated with a gun range before you can purchase any firearm?
    Read it again. CYA is what it boils down to.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau
    The world still needs more Canada, it just needs less Justin Trudeau ~ Erin OToole

In Alberta I had to include my range membership in order to renew my rpal, but I know a guy who used to be a prospector in the Yukon, who is now an Albertan. He was able to carry for protection in the bush around 25/30 years ago, he is still able to renew his rpal without a range membership.
    Bottom line is, you might get a different answer depending on who you ask, including whoever is validating your transfer.

Similar to this post...

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    He in fact is not right. Nowhere in the Criminal Code does it say such a thing. The "legal reasons to acquire" that people often refer to and that the CFO's insist on, are made up and cemented by everybody complying or going along with that narrative. Nowhere does it say one cannot purchase a firearm for protection, Regulations be damned.
    ...it's a made up regulation and entirely at the whim of the power-tripping rubber-stamper.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Swingerguy (06-15-2022)

I’ll add this here as it might help the OP.

I hear the buyer doesn’t have to call to confirm information on a private sale anymore as long as the seller has all of the buyer’s information.

Is that true?

And then in Alberta only the buyer gets the approval of transfer notice (I know this, just adding the note) so the buyer has to give this to the seller.
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

well.. definitely hard to find any handguns now. They are pretty much OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE!! But I still managed to get my hands on a few guns... now just waiting for the transfer to be done.. Then I can bring these babies home... Some are saying the transfer process takes 1-3 months in Ontario... is this for real?

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Homme007

blacksmithden (06-22-2022)

It might take 6...
    Good luck. Find anything fun?

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Big-Boss-Man (06-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    It might take 6...
    Good luck. Find anything fun?
    Was able to get my hands on a
    Kriss Vector Gen II SBR Enhanced - 9mm, 6.5" (foldable stock)
    CZ P10F 9mm
    CZ Shadow 2 9mm
    Walthers PDP 4.5" 9mm
    Shadow System DR920 Elite 9mm

And can't believe the 3-6 month transfer times....

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Homme007

Aniest (06-25-2022), Big-Boss-Man (06-25-2022), Grimlock (06-25-2022), stevebc (06-25-2022)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast