Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What does the crystal ball say?

Bladesmith
    Just one more reason the RCMP needs to be disbanded. The RCMP is nothing more than a political party with guns. Each province should have their own police force, this national police force stuff isn't working

3. The Following 11 Users Like This Post By Brad

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

chrisc (06-22-2022), Curt (06-22-2022), Grimlock (06-22-2022), M1917 Enfield (06-22-2022), Mobusten (06-22-2022), Northshore (06-22-2022), Rory McCanuck (06-23-2022), Scotlas (06-22-2022), spider69 (06-22-2022), Stephen (06-23-2022), stevebc (06-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The RCMP is nothing more than a political party with guns.
    Not a political party, but there is a Canadian tradition :

1940s As an organization, the Mounties profited greatly from the [Red] Scare. Federal policing was reorganized to combine the RNWMP with the Dominion Police in a single new force, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In a little over a year the Mounties had gone from a limited, regional force of 303 men with no clear mandate and apparently no future, to a 2,500 man force with jurisdiction over the entire country. The romantic image of the frontier Mountie pursuing his man to the ends of the earth on dogsled and horseback may have satisfied the requirements of dime novelists and Hollywood filmmakers, but that image had nothing to do with the reality of police work in Canada post-World War I. The RCMP actually owed its success, its very existence, to its clandestine efforts to stamp out not crime, but radical political activity.
    -- historian Daniel Francis (1997: 45): Francis, Daniel. National Dreams: Myth, Memory and Canadian History. Vancouver BC: Arsenal Pulp Press, 1997

1930s The Communist Party of Canada was a dedicated but weak and divided group of workers and intellectuals which never succeeded in attracting many members. The party did attract a disproportionate amount of attention from the police, however, especially during the 1930s. When Prime Minister R.B. Bennett promised to grind communism under the heel of ruthlessness, it was the heel of the RCMP riding boot that he had in mind. At the same time as the upright image of the Mountie flourished in books and movies, the force was actually acting as stormtroopers on behalf of a federal government once again obsessed with the fear that the restless unemployed were on the verge of rising up in Soviet-style revolution. It was the Red Scare all over again.
    - Francis 1997: 45-46. Francis, Daniel. National Dreams: Myth, Memory and Canadian History. Vancouver BC: Arsenal Pulp Press, 1997

1930s The role of the RCMP in suppressing the protests of the underprivileged during the 1930s strongly affected the attitude of many trade union activists towards state authority. . . . . . . The image of the RCMP was permanently tarnished
    in labour circles and became somewhat less attractive to the population as a whole. The Force responded to this by improved public relations techniques during and after World War II. The substance of their role would not change, but
    it would be made more palatable by clever disguises.
    - Brown 1973: 78. Brown, Lorne and Caroline Brown. An Unauthorized History of the RCMP. Toronto ON: James Lewis and Samuel, 1973.

"Still, the traditional, upright image [of the Mounted Police] continues to resonate, . . . It seems to stand for something deep in the Canadian character. It has become dissociated from the actual history of the force and stands alone as a symbol of how Canadians like to see themselves: honest, brave, modest, law-abiding, polite. The image of the Mountie is a fabrication, which does not mean that it is untrue, just that its truth is psychological, not historical. In this sense, the Mountie has become wholly imaginary, a source of pride and identity which provides a pattern to our history and affirms values which all Canadians are presumed to share. Over the years, the imaginary Mountie has been very useful to authorities. With the support of the press and much of the public, governments have consistently invoked the image to protect the Canadian way of life. As a frontier police force, the Riders of the Plains prepared the western interior for civilized occupation. As a urban police force, the RCMP rooted out subversion and spied on political nonconformists. The benign image of the Boy Scout Mountie was the velvet glove in which the iron hand of the state wielded its power.
    - Francis 1997: 50-51. Francis, Daniel. National Dreams: Myth, Memory and Canadian History. Vancouver BC: Arsenal Pulp Press, 1997

I’ll say again. The RCMP is simply the armed militia of the Liberal Party.

Lucki is the PMO’s bitch just like Paulson was
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

6. The Following 11 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

4*60 (06-23-2022), chrisc (06-22-2022), LB303 (06-23-2022), M1917 Enfield (06-22-2022), oilman28 (06-23-2022), Scotlas (06-22-2022), spider69 (06-22-2022), steamy teabag (06-22-2022), Stephen (06-23-2022), stevebc (06-22-2022), Tonsper (06-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Just one more reason the RCMP needs to be disbanded. The RCMP is nothing more than a political party with guns. Each province should have their own police force, this national police force stuff isn't working
    With an elected sheriff.

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Curt

Smc (06-22-2022), Stephen (06-23-2022), stevebc (06-22-2022), Tonsper (06-23-2022)

CBC to the rescue!

Emergency Preparedness Minister Bill Blair is casting doubt on the Nova Scotia Mountie who suggested Commissioner Brenda Lucki interfered in the investigation into the largest mass shooting in Canadian history.

[...]

"The superintendent obviously came to his own conclusions and his notes reflect that," Blair told reporters Wednesday.

"But I'm telling you, and I would tell the superintendent if I spoke to him, I made no effort to pressure the RCMP to interfere in any way with their investigation. I gave no direction as to what information they should communicate. Those are operational decisions of the RCMP and I respect that and I have respected that throughout."

Lucki has also denied interfering in the investigation.

"As a police officer, and the RCMP commissioner, I would never take actions or decisions that could jeopardize an investigation," Lucki wrote in a statement released Tuesday evening.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/luc...ence-1.6497270

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...cotia-inquiry/

Former RCMP commissioner defends Mountie behind Brenda Lucki allegations
    Robert Fife
    Ottawa Bureau Chief
    Steven Chase
    Senior parliamentary reporter
    Published 1 hour ago
    Updated 51 minutes ago

RCMP Supt. Darren Campbell provides an update of the investigation into the Nova Scotia shootings at RCMP headquarters in Dartmouth, N.S., on June 4, 2020.Andrew Vaughan/The Canadian Press
    46 Comments
    Listen to article

Former RCMP commissioner Bob Paulson and other retired Mounties are defending the integrity of Superintendent Darren Campbell, who has alleged that current Commissioner Brenda Lucki interfered in the investigation of the largest mass shooting in Canadian history to help the Liberal governments gun-control agenda.

Emergencies Preparedness Minister Bill Blair doesnt accept Supt. Campbells written account of a conference call, on April 28, 2020, between Commissioner Lucki and RCMP commanders overseeing the criminal investigation into the rampage 10 days earlier by a lone gunman in Nova Scotia. Twenty-two people were killed in the shooting.

The dispute dominated the House of Commons Question Period Wednesday and prompted the Conservatives and New Democrats to call for parliamentary hearings to determine who is telling the truth. The opposition want to hear testimony from Mr. Blair, Commissioner Lucki, Supt. Campbell and other officers who were part of the April 28 call.

Supt. Campbells notes say Commissioner Lucki told the RCMP officers that she had promised the Minister of Public Safety and the Prime Ministers Office that the force would disclose the type of firearms used in the mass shooting because it would advance the governments pending gun-control legislation. Mr. Blair was public safety minister at the time.

The RCMP officer recounted that Commissioner Lucki was upset because he refused to do so out of concern that politics could jeopardize the cross-border police investigation. The gunman had smuggled three of the weapons into Canada from the United States.

Mr. Blair questioned Supt. Campbells handwritten notes that were submitted to the Mass Casualty Commission probe.

The superintendent obviously came to his own conclusions and his notes reflect that. But Im telling you, and I would tell the superintendent if I spoke to him, that I made no effort to pressure the RCMP to interfere in any way with their investigation, Mr. Blair told reporters.

I gave no direction as to what information they should communicate. Those are operational decisions of the RCMP. And I respect that and I have respected that throughout, he said. The PMO said Mr. Blair is speaking for the government.

Mr. Blair has not said whether he or the PMO obtained assurances from Commissioner Lucki that the type of weapons used in the shooting would be quickly released to the public.

In response to repeated questions in the Commons, Mr. Blair said MPs should ask the Commissioner.

The conversations between the Commissioner and her subordinates are something that she can speak to, he said.

The Globe and Mail asked Commissioner Lucki on Wednesday to confirm or deny Supt. Campbells allegations about the alleged promise to Mr. Blair and the PMO.

She declined to answer and RCMP headquarters pointed to what she had said in a statement Tuesday.

The Commissioner clearly indicated that she did not interfere in the ongoing investigation, nor did she feel any political pressure to do so, RCMP media relations said.

Mr. Paulson, who was commissioner from 2011 to 2017, would not be drawn into the political controversy involving his successor. But he defended Supt. Campbell, a former homicide investigator from the RCMPs Vancouver office who he promoted and brought to headquarters in Ottawa during his tenure.

Darren is one of the best investigators in the force and a highly reliable officer with tremendous integrity, Mr. Paulson said. You wont find a practising police officer who will speak ill of Darren Campbell.

Former deputy commissioner Pierre-Yves Borduas said there is no way that Supt. Campbell would make up a story about Commissioner Lucki.

This officer has a solid reputation, he said, and added: There is a blend of politics and a big political slant to it and it is regrettable.

Former RCMP superintendent Peter Lepine also spoke out in support of Supt. Campbell.

Ive followed Darren Campbell since the day he was a recruit, Mr. Lepine said. Hes an extremely competent police officer and extremely well trained in the world of major investigations.

Mr. Lepine said he doesnt believe Supt. Campbell would falsify any notes or have any agenda to hang anybody out to dry.

The recently released testimony is not the first example that the Nova Scotia probe has uncovered where Mounties recount the Liberal governments effort to exert control over the RCMP.

In an interview with commission investigators, Lia Scanlan, the RCMPs former director of strategic communications in Halifax, talked about the pressure from Ottawa. The transcript was made public earlier this month.

Ms. Scanlan told the investigation that federal government officials including Mr. Blair and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau were weighing in on what we could and couldnt say during media briefings.

The transcript of her remarks was heavily redacted in some sections by the Mass Casualty Commission before its release and so some details of the testimony remain secret.

At another point, Ms. Scanlan talked about Commissioner Luckis conduct in an interview and attributes what happened to political pressure, adding that is 100 per cent Minister Blair and the Prime Minister.

She then told investigators: We have a Commissioner that does not push back.

Bill Elliott, a former federal bureaucrat who became the countrys first civilian head of the RCMP from 2007-2011, said he did not see anything wrong with Commissioner Luckis conduct.

I can understand the reluctance on behalf of investigators to releasing information. I think it is appropriate for people like the Commissioner of the RCMP to bring other considerations to bear, he said.

The Conservative Party and the NDP are both calling for an emergency meeting of the House of Commons committee on public safety and national security to arrange hearings on the matter.

Conservative public safety critic Raquel Dancho and NDP public safety critic Alistair MacGregor have both written Jim Carr, the Liberal MP who chairs the committee, calling for a meeting as soon as possible.

Under the standing orders of the House, a meeting of a committee may be requested by four members of the committee, and one must be held within five calendar days to consider the request.
    Justin 2015

Justout 2019

Lying sack of alcoholic….

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Smc

Camo tung (06-22-2022)

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I’ll say again. The RCMP is simply the armed militia of the Liberal Party.

Lucki is the PMO’s bitch just like Paulson was
    Ever thought of doing a "wikileaks" anonymous expose of all your knowledge of the corruption plaguing the country??

14. The Following User Liked This Post By sigpig

Gaidheal (06-23-2022)

Can we start calling her Brenda Lackey now?
    Justin 2015

Justout 2019

16. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By soulchaser

Edward Teach (06-23-2022), Grimlock (06-23-2022), ilikemoose (06-23-2022)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast