Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Funny. I heard on the radio that the jobs report was stronger than expected. And that the economy is still super hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smc View Post
    Funny. I heard on the radio that the jobs report was stronger than expected. And that the economy is still super hot.
    I think that going forward statistics may not quite mean that they used to mean in the past, especially with regards to the unemployment rates... With the baby boomers now entering, with some being already well into, the retirement phase of their lives, I think that the unemployment numbers will generally stay low in the future, due to not enough young workers being available to replace the ones that depart. In the course of three generations, family size went from 8+, to 4 to less than 2 children per family. I am unsure if low unemployment numbers necessarily mean that the economy is firing on all cylinders... I know that in the industry that I work in, getting properly qualified workers is really constraining growth.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Cheb

Rory McCanuck (08-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheb View Post
    I think that going forward statistics may not quite mean that they used to mean in the past, especially with regards to the unemployment rates... With the baby boomers now entering, with some being already well into, the retirement phase of their lives, I think that the unemployment numbers will generally stay low in the future, due to not enough young workers being available to replace the ones that depart. In the course of three generations, family size went from 8+, to 4 to less than 2 children per family. I am unsure if low unemployment numbers necessarily mean that the economy is firing on all cylinders... I know that in the industry that I work in, getting properly qualified workers is really constraining growth.
    Lately in the last 2 -3 years since I stopped working full time for employers about 8 years ago and went to part time contract based work (mainly because the ass mostly fell out of my technical skills intensive industry) I have been getting about 2 job offers for full time work every week or so. About 8 years ago nobody was hiring in my industry and now that all the Boomers have been retiring en masse and nobody is coming up the ranks the mostly foreign based and owned tech corporations I previously worked as a employee for are scrambling to find and hire trained and experienced staff to replace the retirees. Only problem is there are none to be had.

I keep telling them when they reach out to me that I am not interested in returning full time as a employee and only want the freedom and flexibility of contract work now before I also soon retire full time. There are lots of similar industries out there in the same situation and it is only going to get worse. And no matter how many immigrants they hope to bring in to fix it is going to work because all we are getting are low skilled, poorly educated and very limited capacity third world minimum wage imports.

It will take many decades of training and experience to replace those retiring and nobody has even started to address that. When we killed off about 40 years ago the push to have kids leaving schools go into the trades, the paid apprentice programs and incentives to companies to train inhouse technical staff we set in motion this very outcome.

I know of no friends whose kids are entering trades or parents who are trying to encourage their kids into the trades. All want their kids to go to university or college to get a nice comfy computer based or desk job. None want their kids working outside in the heat or bitter cold and getting their hands dirty doing hands on physically and mentally demanding technical trades jobs.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can possibly imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for any of the debts or liabilities incurred by the dim witted one known as Justin Trudeau!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

infidel29 (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Smc View Post
    This is the temporary "rebound" effect due to COVID restrictions being lifted. It's going to fizzle based on increasing interest rates and inflation, so ride the wave for now..

7. The Following User Liked This Post By shootemup604

M1917 Enfield (08-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    The lieberals know what the economy is going to be like in a couple of years when they'll HAVE to call an election, and it won't be pretty. The warning signs are all around. The job numbers came out today on top of everything else.
    I thought he called and tried to throw last year's election so O'Toole would have to wear the recession. He might still try again.

Ok, so the announcment has now been officially made. Is anyone really surprised?

I had a bet with a friend of mine that an import ban would be fastracked before summer ends, I won, unfortunately.

Just the other day I said to myself; "Turdeau is out of the country, more gang shooting down East and the weekend is coming up, what news can firearms owners expect on a late Thursday or Friday"

I hope most folks realize that the way these Liberals work on policy is:

1) Get the PM out of the country for a bit, hide him out at the cottage, tell them he has COVID...again
    2) Create a distraction (hey!...why not Hockey)
    3) Make sure the announcment is on a Friday (preferably just a press release to the bought and payed for MSM...they can take the heat through their comments section)
    Last edited by Cross Eyed Cowboy; 08-05-2022 at 02:13 PM.

As expected

They will come for your .22 next
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

No, they won't. Justin said....

I'm surprised they haven't already... .22LR is .224 so obviously much more dangerouser than the .223

No one needs an assault plinker

what a bunch of cucking funts stunned ones at that.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Big-Boss-Man

infidel29 (08-09-2022), wrencher (08-06-2022)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast