Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As long as they don't consider themselves one of the "2.2 million law abiding gun owners" so be it.

I’m not sure people understand the definition of the word “right”

It’s not a universal one
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

How do you mean? Right are God-given! Who's gonna argue with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    How do you mean? Rights are God-given! Who's gonna argue with that?!
    Not me!

Can I get a Amen to that!

Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can possibly imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for any of the debts or liabilities incurred by the dim witted one known as Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Not me!

Can I get a Amen to that!

While I may agree in principle with several of his points,

near 1:45 his point is that Thomas Paine's "The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind" supports his argument that God given rights were used to create the constitution and the country America, and everyone who comes to the United States enjoys the advantage of that.
    He's right that God given rights (via Locke etc) were used to create the constitution and the country America, and everyone who comes to the United States enjoys the advantage of that.
    But that quote of Thomas Paine is from Feb 1776 in the preface of his book "Common Sense". The declaration of independence was July 1776. The war of independence ended in 1783. The first version of the constitution was Dec 1787, and the Bill of Rights wasn't finished until 1791.
    It's wrong to say that a quote from Feb 1776 was in support of a Bill of Rights that wasn't written until a decade and a half later.

Also God doesn't guarantee rights (2:04).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12