Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can possibly imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for any of the debts or liabilities incurred by the dim witted one known as Justin Trudeau!

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Freeland @2 minutes: "CPP and EI contributions every working Canadian makes are how we all pay for our retirement and how we create a safety net for every Canadian in case we lose our jobs. These contributions do not go into general government revenues."

The bulk of her retirement will not come from CPP.
    The Jean Chrétien government famously stole $40 billion from Employment Insurance to balance the budget.

Freeland @3minutes: "Canada is better positioned than any country in the world. We have the strongest economic growth and the lowest deficit in the G7. Employment is at historic highs. Inflation is lower in Canada than the U.S., the UK, and the Euro Zone, and has come down for two months in a row."

According to statcan Table: 14-10-0020-01,
    • Participation Rate: during the Harper years the participation rate was 66.8%, now it's 64% to 65.3%.
    • Employment rate is now 61.1%. Except for 2020 when it fell to 59.4%, every year 2012-2019 it was between 61.8 to 62.7
    • Unemployment rate is now 6.5%. Harper years it was 5.8% to 6.1%

Canada's inflation rate is up for debate, given it doesn't seem to cover the effect of the largest increases.

Canada's annual inflation rate was at 7.6% in July of 2022.
    United States annual inflation rate was 8.3% for the 12 months ended August 2022
    Euro Area annual inflation rate was 8.9 % in in July 2022 -- but they're in the middle of a pseudo war, with Russia cutting off energy supplies.

GdpDeficit_2016.jpg

GdpDeficit_2020.png

Someone posted a similar graph in the past 2 days.

3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Camo tung (09-21-2022), firemachine69 (09-22-2022), gzink (09-22-2022), M1917 Enfield (09-21-2022)

Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can possibly imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for any of the debts or liabilities incurred by the dim witted one known as Justin Trudeau!

That's why they're afraid of him, they're afraid of an opposition that asks the hard questions.
    "Power attracts the Worse and corrupts the Best"

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

6. The Following User Liked This Post By SwissArmyMan

stewbud (09-23-2022)

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

blacksmithden (09-23-2022), chrisc (09-23-2022)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456