Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Waterfowl shotguns

So I have been slowly getting into waterfowl hunting more and more the last few years. I figure I may as well go all in and pick up a dedicated shotgun for it. Now im just using a 870 express with 3 inch shells but I'm thinking of going the semi auto 3.5 inch route. Any suggestions, goose guns aren't something I know well. Budget would be 2000ish, maybe more or a bit less...

A good used Beretta A400 would fit the bill. The Xplor Unico will eat the lightest target loads and the heaviest goose loads. It just works.

I've got about 5000 rounds through mine with no issues what so ever.

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Aniest (09-18-2022), awndray (09-18-2022), Two For Sure (09-18-2022)

https://alflahertys.com/beretta-sg-a...chamber-black/

Or the Xtreme Unico works too. I actually have one of each - one for me and one for the wife to take hunting.

That's pretty much the route I took several years ago. Started with the old 870 Wingmaster. Then I found an A391 Extrema2 for about $1500. They cost quite a bit more now, but with some patience you'll find the right one.

That said, I know several people who went the Franchi route. I forget which model they went for, but I remember trying one out and it was surprisingly a nice shooter for the difference in price versus the popular Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    That said, I know several people who went the Franchi route. I forget which model they went for, but I remember trying one out and it was surprisingly a nice shooter for the difference in price versus the popular Beretta.
    The Franchi Affinity 3.5 Model # 41100 https://www.franchiusa.com/semi-auto...ity-35?eid=211

The Stoeger M3500 is also inertia driven and gets good reviews: https://stoegerindustries.com/shotgu...pecial-shotgun
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

A400 Extreme Plus Max 5……..

Fowl Minded
    My stoeger shoots well but if you go with that company get one of the camo ones as my black barrel rusted before I even got home on the first hunt. I will be camoing it this week.

Fowl Minded
    One thing I will say about Stoeger is their inertia is not the same as Franchi or Benelli. It is more of a shove then a kick for recoil which is nice.

The modern Browning A5 is a nice piece as well. Inertia driven.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Macds

Newbgunner (09-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Macds View Post
    The modern Browning A5 is a nice piece as well. Inertia driven.
    I was looking at a Benelli and Browning a5 years ago. I went with the browning i liked how it fit better. Awesome goose gun. I take the 870 out duck hunting cold weather if its rain or wet because the semi will ice up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast