Thread: H380

H380

Among the items I purchased at an estate sale was a cardbox containing 7 lbs. of H380 powder in a type of paper (yes paper) bag. This was the original factory packaging and when I checked with Hodgson they advised that if that powder had been kept cool and dry (it was stored in a gun room in a finished basement) it would be good for 100 years. Has anyone had any experience with powder that's been stored for 40 plus years??

Don't use it!!

Send it to me for proper disposal!

All kidding aside, it should be good to go as long as it was stored correctly. I have a bunch of assorted powders that I have acquired from a few old timers who got out of reloading due to their age and gave me some stuff. To date it all has gone bang.

Just work up a load from start and watch for pressure signs along the way as some older powders were blended differently and might burn a bit different.

Very good midrange ball powder, meters well, use a mag. primer, excellent in 22-250 6mm, .243, etc.....Not for reduced loads!

Thanks, I'm always a little anal about starting/maximum loads etc. I've also got a nice little 22-250 that might just like a change of diet. Be interesting to see how it Chrony's out.