Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,168 of 1168
  1. #1161
    Moderator kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    10,853
    My YouTube playlist is just a mess these days. From this:



    To this:



    Which makes me sad that Motörhead is never coming to town again.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

  2. #1162
    Super Moderator Rory McCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Manitoba
    Posts
    10,251
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Ah, Dave Mustaine....the guy kicked out of a band nicknamed ‘alcoholica’ for drinking too much. Or at least that was the excuse.....

    He’s a hell of a guitarist, but I’ll still take the first three Metallica albums over anything he’s done.
    I'd take those first three albums over all but a select few.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

  3. #1163
    Super Moderator Rory McCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Manitoba
    Posts
    10,251
    This guy sure reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.


    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

  4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

    kennymo (01-16-2019), Sinbad (01-17-2019), Turtlehead (01-18-2019)

  5. #1164
    Senior Member Steve MKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Ah, Dave Mustaine....the guy kicked out of a band nicknamed ‘alcoholica’ for drinking too much. Or at least that was the excuse.....

    He’s a hell of a guitarist, but I’ll still take the first three Metallica albums over anything he’s done.
    You do know that Mustaine co-wrote several of the songs off of Kill 'Em All as well as a bunch of the solos off the album right?

  6. #1165
    Senior Member Steve MKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    256

  7. #1166
    Moderator kennymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    You do know that Mustaine co-wrote several of the songs off of Kill 'Em All as well as a bunch of the solos off the album right?
    I do. They turfed him almost right before they went into the studio IIRC. Loaded him on a bus back to Cali while he was still hammered.

    Like I said, great guitarist, but I always thought a lot of Metallica’s early sound came via Cliff Burton. Those classically trained pianists make great metal....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

  8. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

    Turtlehead (01-18-2019)

  9. #1167
    Senior Member Steve MKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I do. They turfed him almost right before they went into the studio IIRC. Loaded him on a bus back to Cali while he was still hammered.

    Like I said, great guitarist, but I always thought a lot of Metallica’s early sound came via Cliff Burton. Those classically trained pianists make great metal....
    Yeah Burton definitely had an impact on their sound. One of the greats. Right up there with Steve Harris, Phil Lynott, Geezer Butler and Leon Wilkeson.

  10. The Following User Liked This Post By Steve MKII

    Rory McCanuck (01-18-2019)

  11. #1168
    Senior Member Turtlehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Under A Bus....
    Posts
    810
    "There are five boxes to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in that order."

Similar Threads

  1. Trudeau says he's 'listening' as Montreal mulls push for national handgun ban
    By GTW in forum Canadian Firearms News, Headlines and Polls
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-20-2018, 09:51 PM
  2. Glockophone music
    By harbl_the_cat in forum Photo and Video Hub
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 08:57 AM
  3. Shhhhh......FIIS is listening
    By Camo tung in forum Canadian Firearms News, Headlines and Polls
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •