Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alrighty, so between some rounds of trap and five rounds of sporting clays with the belt and pouch, I am buying a vest after all. The belt versus the folks wearing vest in sporting clays, just seems more natural to me.

Sporting clays was a humbling experience first round……

In my experience sporting clays was humbling the first 8 rounds. I shot all over Van Isle.
    Shot a Beretta AL309 Sporting Sport semi auto so nothing to pick up.
    Up here a coat is worn at most outings. Either a Browning or Beretta vest would be good.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Not alot of clay experience here. Shoot O/U for trap and skeet
    But really. Vests? Why?
    Got a belt from bass pro. Holds my box of shells and pouch for hulls.
    Put two hulls in...take two shells out

Easy peasy.

Don't want to play dress up, match your gear, look cool, etc.
    Pouch.

2 cents.
    Thanks
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Sporting clays definitely can be humbling. Didn’t even break half the first time I shot it and was shooting class A in registered trap shooting at the time.

I truly like a vest to shoot in, but hate shells in a vest so I use both.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Yup, broke 39% first round almost went home. Figured out some triangulation and un-rushed swing after that, but still some of the zippy on edge against the brush background is going to give me fits……

If possible try a vest on. They do not all fit alike. Brownings tend to run larger while Beretta vests fit smaller. My Browning vest is a Large while the Beretta is XXL and they fit the same. If you mail order deal with a place that allows returns if the vest doesn't fit.

Also, if you are buying from a gun store you might ask the people behind the counter to let you use a shotgun from the rack to do a couple of test mounts. Part of the reason to have a vest is a consistent and smooth gun mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12