3d print Mec powder bushings

Just finished printing 30 mec powder bushings, don't see why they won't work, unless static makes powder stick to them.
    20221122_141333.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Greglc

Aniest (11-22-2022), Dewey Cox (11-22-2022), Rory McCanuck (11-22-2022)

Got me why pics are upside down.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Nice. As far as the static goes...wiping things down with dryer sheets helps a lot. I have no idea how the voodoo, cancer causing, black magic, stuff they put in there works, but it does. It isn't perfect, but going from seeing maybe 100 flakes creeping up the side of my powder measure to maybe 2 flakes...that's a win in my book.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Rory McCanuck (11-23-2022)

Its an interesting idea. Personally I'd have printed one to try before investing the time.

My feeling is the surface inside the bushing will be rougher than is optimal for smooth powder flow.

I made a bushing out of aluminum on my lathe and it works fine but required a bit of calibration to figure out what charge it throws. You should most definitely NOT simply believe the printed bushings will throw the exact right charges simply because they appear to be the correct sizes.

Filled a couple with powder, very little static held powder, 8 -10 flakes maybe, will try the dryer sheet. An alligator clip and wire clipped on press and other end grounded, baseboard heater in my case, should help too. As far as not trusting what's printed on sides, even if I bought a bunch of aluminum ones from mec, I'd still drop and weigh a couple powders to double check. I will never use all of these, but at 6_8 bucks a piece to buy aluminum, assuming they had in-stock, wait for them to arrive, I'll try the plastic for the 2 dollars worth of filament.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Greglc

Aniest (11-23-2022)

I know there’s a guy on eBay selling 3D printed powder bushings so it must work
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Aniest (11-23-2022)

I pulled the powder bottle off so I could see what's going on with powder, bushings work as they should.