Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...2#post19279382

Imagine a world where 2022 was the year gun owners said enough is enough. Imagine everyone stopped renewing their license. 400,000 licenses will expire this year and not be renewed. By 2027 there are no license holders left in Canada. The phones at the CFC are silent. No one asking for ATTs. No one calling the SFSS for opinions about whats classified as what. The CFOs twittle their thumbs because no one needs an ATT.
    The problem is this: the first few dirt poor, salt-of-the-earth conservatives who have posted very "right wing extremist views online" (helping justify it to the left and many in the right)... who get all of their property seized and auctioned... who gets 100 years in jail for all of the charges...

... will cause 100,000 gun owners to back down. It should cause them to rise up, but it doesn't.

NDP reddit

Attachment 45942
    The problem is the majority of Liberals, inner city types, either want it (because Libs have said it will stop the graffiti punks around their low income housing or crime from coming into their suburban cityscape) or don't care.

Just need to have happen the one thing that won't because "they're the enemy" sh!t: have every rural riding of Liberal, Conservative and NDP rise up against it.

Won't happen.

Even if Liberal MPs and Senators spoke against Trudeau, Conservatives wouldn't work with them.
    Anything and everything I post that is not a quote, link and/or attributable to another source is my personal opinion only and no entity(s) and/or person(s) can be held liable for it for any reason unless they are the author of said opinion, link, quote and/or attributable comment; and nothing I post may be shared, spread and/or quoted outside of this website without my legal authorization unless covered by the end user agreement, terms of use, policy and/or rules of this website.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Yep..and it's a combination of being vindictive and distraction from the emergencies act committee that hasn't exactly been going their way. Remember....most of the stuff they're naming, there is no record of. Don't buy into it. Just don't comply. What are they going to do, arrest 500,000 of us ? You can bet your bottom dollar that at least 1 in 4 PAL holders will own at least ONE gun on their list. Let the bill come, and go. Let any ordered turn in days come and go....whatever. Just more liberal bullshit to be ignored.
    My wife has a cousin who kept a rifle that was prohibited when C68 was passed in his basement, behind his chest freezer... I bet it's still there...
    The temptation is always to fixate on everything that is going wrong instead of those insignificant things that are going right... but inverting the fixation, so all you think about are those small silver linings of hope through the darkness of endless chaos... that is the key to get through the hardest of times victoriously instead of being crushed by them.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By harbl_the_cat

manic29 (11-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    This is why I took to long range, precision marksmanship...

I'm confident I can consistently hit a target at 500 yards with my .223 bolt gun, 800 yards with my .308's.

The Mossberg MVP, Ruger American, Savage 10, Remington 700, and Marlin XS7 are all varmint/hunting guns

Hunters better pull their heads out their asses and realize after this - they're next.
    The temptation is always to fixate on everything that is going wrong instead of those insignificant things that are going right... but inverting the fixation, so all you think about are those small silver linings of hope through the darkness of endless chaos... that is the key to get through the hardest of times victoriously instead of being crushed by them.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By harbl_the_cat

infidel29 (11-26-2022)

Alberta statement

“On Nov. 22, through last-minute amendments to Bill C-21, the federal government moved to ban hundreds of new models of legally owned rifles and shotguns.

“The amendments target more than two million licensed Canadian firearms owners, including hunters, farmers and target shooters who collectively own hundreds of thousands of firearms that could soon be prohibited.

“The decision to take this action abandons long-held claims put forward by Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino – namely, that the federal government was only seeking to ban so-called ‘assault-style’ firearms and that they would somehow equitably compensate firearms owners.

“If the amendments are successful, Bill C-21 will lead to the most sweeping and arbitrary ban in Canadian history. The ban will not only be unenforceable but will criminalize hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

“Only two months ago, Alberta took unprecedented action to protect law-abiding firearms owners by announcing our intention to intervene in six firearms lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of the 2020 federal firearms prohibitions.

“Alberta then went further, announcing that we would take steps to seek to prevent the federal government from conscripting RCMP officers to confiscate legally acquired firearms. Alberta was quickly joined by Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick and the Yukon.

“With the amendments tabled on Nov. 22, it has become increasingly clear that these actions are not enough. The federal government is clearly seeking to ban legal firearm ownership altogether. In the coming weeks, Alberta will explore all available options to take action.”
    That's what I was looking for... does anyone else think the ultimate resolution to this is to completely repeal the Firearms Act and replace it with a licensing and registration program managed at the PROVINCIAL level?

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    My wife has a cousin who kept a rifle that was prohibited when C68 was passed in his basement, behind his chest freezer... I bet it's still there...
    This is the kind of thing that should not said on a public forum.
    The Small Fringe Minority: Thank you for your service!

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Magi

infidel29 (11-26-2022), Mobusten (11-24-2022), Rory McCanuck (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    But it's the truth... and it's not an isolated incident...

I bet every other rural residence in Canada has guns that were either not registered when they were supposed to be or were flat out prohib'd when C-68 was passed...

The point being that non-compliance with C-68 was far more widespread than people knew, but at the time, it was very hush-hush...

10 years ago I went hunting with a buddy from Manitoba with a bunch of his family friends.

It wasn't uncommon out there for one person to get a PAL then to buy a rifle for everyone of his family members, including those who lived in other residences.

I remember one guy actually had a firearms prohibition, but he was still out hunting with a rifle his cousin bought for him.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By harbl_the_cat

manic29 (11-26-2022)

I think he meant 'naming' the guilty, not the crime itself.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

infidel29 (11-26-2022), Magi (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    That Bill C-68 was passed in his basement?

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

Aniest (11-24-2022), Gaidheal (11-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    I think he meant 'naming' the guilty, not the crime itself.
    Everyone's innocent until proven guilty... obviously his guilt wasn't proven for over 29 years, so what does that say about "the crime?"

16. The Following User Liked This Post By harbl_the_cat

manic29 (11-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    That's what I was looking for... does anyone else think the ultimate resolution to this is to completely repeal the Firearms Act and replace it with a licensing and registration program managed at the PROVINCIAL level?
    No. I don't want any licensing, or any registration. I want the g-d Firearms Act repealed.

And I live in BC, which has a deadly fascination with the communist NDP. Should I lose my rights just because the provincial gov't is anti-gun?
    "We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying.

And still they continue to lie." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

18. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By stevebc

Aniest (11-24-2022), Camo tung (11-24-2022), CLW .45 (11-24-2022), manic29 (11-26-2022), Soph (11-24-2022)

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast