Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Convoy lawyer Brendan Miller is beyond stupid

Miller must be mentally defective. He gets on a platform and hurls an allegation against Fox. I know who Fox is and I know for a fact he wasn’t in Ottawa doing that. Miller makes himself and his clients look like fools without any credibility. The most basic due diligence would have revealed it was not Fox.

Everything that comes out of his mouth now isn’t worth a crumpled can of shit.

I hope he is sued successfully and disbarred for his conduct. Completely unprofessional and an embarrassment to the legal community.

What a clown act

https://www.blacklocks.ca/claim-nazi-was-liberal-trick/

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Claim Nazi Was Liberal Trick
    A Freedom Convoy lawyer yesterday alleged Liberal Party operatives paraded Nazi and Confederate flags at last winter’s protest to discredit demonstrators. Libel counsel for one man named as a provocateur said their client was neither a Liberal nor in Ottawa at the time.

“It was all over the news,” Brendan Miller, convoy counsel, yesterday told the Public Order Emergency Commission. “We have been trying to figure out who he is and we think we have.”

A lone Nazi flag waver was photographed on the first full day of Parliament Hill convoy protests on Saturday, January 29. Convoy organizers disavowed any connection to the Nazi.

The incident prompted widespread condemnation of protesters as “people who wave swastikas,” as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told the Commons February 16. The Nazi flag waver was never identified.

Counsel Miller yesterday said he obtained an affidavit from an eyewitness who named the flag waver as Brian Fox, a publicist with a Toronto firm Enterprise Canada. “We filed an affidavit from an individual who identified this man, and the man is Brian Fox according to that affidavit,” said Miller. “He met him when the photo was taken around the same time. He talked to him.”

Fox denied the allegation Monday. Fox yesterday had lawyers issue a libel notice to Counsel Miller. Ontario’s Libel And Slander Act requires that plaintiffs serve notice of a claim within six weeks of learning of a specific article or broadcast, and file Court papers within three months.

“Not A Liberal Party Member”

“It is irresponsible and reckless to use the Commission’s process to make these false and damaging allegations in a highly visible forum,” wrote counsel with Blake, Cassel & Graydon LLP of Toronto. “These accusations could not be more baseless and are causing immediate and irreparable harm.”

Libel lawyers said “Brian Fox was not in Ottawa” during or after the protest, “Brian Fox is not a lobbyist,” “neither Enterprise nor Brian Fox were in any way involved, either for or against, the Freedom Convoy protests” and that “Brian Fox is not a Liberal Party member, supporter or collaborator.”

The “implication that Mr. Fox colluded with the incumbent government to discredit protesters had absolutely no basis in fact and is reckless,” wrote libel lawyers. Fox is “a longstanding member of and contributor to the Conservative Party of Canada,” they wrote.

Counsel Miller also named an Ottawa photographer who “still does freelance work for Prime Minister Trudeau” who snapped an image of a Confederate flag waver, and alleged the Prime Minister’s chief of staff “has a relationship with Enterprise Canada and their staff.”

“They do work for the Liberal Party of Canada,” said Miller.

Justice Paul Rouleau, head of the Public Order Emergency Commission, yesterday dismissed the allegations as pointless. “You’re trying to make all kinds of statements that are of no assistance to the Commission,” he said.

Justice Rouleau earlier ejected Counsel Miller from proceedings after the two argued over admissibility of records and time constraints on cross-examinations. “I know you’re frustrated,” the judge told Miller Monday. “Let’s just try to get through this.”
    Last edited by Strangeday; 11-23-2022 at 07:15 AM.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Until this came up, he was doing okay. Not great, but okay. He just discredited himself and makes any future argument he makes completely untrustworthy. May as well call the inquiry off at this point. After all, we already know the planned outcome.

3. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By awndray

Aniest (11-23-2022), firemachine69 (11-24-2022), Relic49 (11-24-2022), rooivalk (11-23-2022), stewbud (11-23-2022), Strangeday (11-23-2022)

Haven't followed any of it because it matters 0. It's a kangaroo court with the outcome already decided against those who value freedom.
    “You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

5. The Following 15 Users Like This Post By Soph

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

762mm (11-23-2022), Camo tung (11-23-2022), Edward Teach (11-23-2022), ESnel (11-23-2022), firemachine69 (11-24-2022), gunner065 (11-27-2022), Hillbillyreefer (11-23-2022), M1917 Enfield (11-23-2022), Relic49 (11-24-2022), rooivalk (11-23-2022), Rory McCanuck (11-23-2022), Scotlas (11-23-2022), stevebc (11-23-2022), stewbud (11-23-2022), SwissArmyMan (11-27-2022)

The Liberals are masters at diversion tactics, witness the semi-automatics shenanigans of yesterday... What Miller claimed would not surprise me one bit, no offense to Strangeday... I do not trust the Liberals and their scheming ways, not at all!!! I have unfortunately reached my limit and I just want out of this increasingly stupid country.

P.S. Nice to see that Danielle Smith is willing to rock the boat; this is what is required if the West is to have a future.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Cheb

Relic49 (11-24-2022), Rory McCanuck (11-23-2022), SwissArmyMan (11-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheb View Post
    The Liberals are masters at diversion tactics, witness the semi-automatics shenanigans of yesterday... What Miller claimed would not surprise me one bit, no offense to Strangeday... I do not trust the Liberals and their scheming ways, not at all!!! I have unfortunately reached my limit and I just want out of this increasingly stupid country.

P.S. Nice to see that Danielle Smith is willing to rock the boat; this is what is required if the West is to have a future.
    Right on the money! Look.....SQUIRREL......

There's always 2 sides to a story :

He's a pissed off, arrogant little man. That he makes claims that a person is the PM's photographer when that person is in fact not, shows that he's not interested in the truth. I bet he likes his pay cheque though.

11. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By awndray

Aniest (11-23-2022), Bhodie (11-23-2022), firemachine69 (11-24-2022), Smc (11-23-2022), spider69 (11-23-2022), Strangeday (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    He's a pissed off, arrogant little man. That he makes claims that a person is the PM's photographer when that person is in fact not, shows that he's not interested in the truth. I bet he likes his pay cheque though.
    deranged little man syndrome....stomps his feet and is enraged.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

Aniest (11-23-2022), spider69 (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    deranged little man syndrome....stomps his feet and is enraged.
    I just can't wait for the fallout from that little peckerhead's tirade. If any good work has come from the convoy community reps,that little bas**rd went a long way to screw it over. I wonder if some of his paycheques came from the Liberals?

15. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By spider69

Aniest (11-23-2022), firemachine69 (11-24-2022), Smc (11-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by spider69 View Post
    I just can't wait for the fallout from that little peckerhead's tirade. If any good work has come from the convoy community reps,that little bas**rd went a long way to screw it over. I wonder if some of his paycheques came from the Liberals?
    Makes one wonder IF he was "purchased" to blow this?

17. The Following User Liked This Post By no-one special

Aniest (11-27-2022)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast