Select Shooting Supplies

Had a look at Select Shooting Supplies website last night. Came across some stuff I liked and got ready to put in an order. Then I came across a 4 brush AR cleaning kit. It includes a large brush for cleaning out the upper receiver. Brilliant! I have also been looking for a AR chamber brush forever which is included. While it is on back order, it's worth the wait. I did a follow up call to Dean this morning as I didn't want to miss out on my tekmat but really want the brush kit. He won't take an order on back ordered items until they are actually in stock. Nice, appreciate that. Anyway, he figures 2 weeks max on the brushes and set aside the mat for me so I won't miss out on it. Offered to pay in advance but he says he prefers to wait until the order is all in. He says he made a note and will contact me as soon as the brushes are in. In talking to him I learned he is a shooter, too, and knows how hard it is to find certain items. He does his best to get them. Interesting website with lots of hard to locate items and a 5% GOC discount as well. Really looking forward to receiving that first order. Thanks, Dean.
    Last edited by Canuck; 04-15-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Big Mistake!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Good to hear!

Hi Canuck,

Thanks for the kind words and I will be in touch as soon as your Total Fouling Removal Kit comes in.

Just a clarification for others reading this, my business is Select Shooting Supplies.

I didnt think to mention when we spoke this morning but I have another really good tool that address's another difficult AR-15 cleaning task. Its the CRT-15 Carbon Removal Tool and is used to remove carbon build up from the Bolt Tail and carrier.

There is an animated demo on our web site

Regards,

Dean

Moved to Select Shooting Supplies section

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Had a look at Select Shooting Supplies website last night. Came across some stuff I liked and got ready to put in an order. Then I came across a 4 brush AR cleaning kit. It includes a large brush for cleaning out the upper receiver. Brilliant! I have also been looking for a AR chamber brush forever which is included. While it is on back order, it's worth the wait. I did a follow up call to Dean this morning as I didn't want to miss out on my tekmat but really want the brush kit. He won't take an order on back ordered items until they are actually in stock. Nice, appreciate that. Anyway, he figures 2 weeks max on the brushes and set aside the mat for me so I won't miss out on it. Offered to pay in advance but he says he prefers to wait until the order is all in. He says he made a note and will contact me as soon as the brushes are in. In talking to him I learned he is a shooter, too, and knows how hard it is to find certain items. He does his best to get them. Interesting website with lots of hard to locate items and a 5% GOC discount as well. Really looking forward to receiving that first order. Thanks, Dean.
    I just ordered an AR15 mat also. Canuck, should I be ordering the cleaning kit as well ? I'm hoping to have a new AR in about 2 months.
    Last edited by doo925; 04-17-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doo925 View Post
    I just ordered an AR15 mat also. Canuck, should I be ordering the cleaning kit as well ? I'm hoping to have a new AR in about 2 months.
    Absolutely! The chamber brush alone is very hard to locate. Your upper receiver where the BCG resides can be tricky to clean out. The brush for that is a great idea. I would also check out their carbon removing tool. You will end up shooting your AR a lot and that can really carbon up affecting function. Have heard these are the ticket for dealing with that buildup. Saw one in use and they are very effective.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell