Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member OutdoorPursuitsCanada's Avatar

Gevarm resurrected

So I recently purchased an older Gervarm E1 - it is my second Gevarm, there is just something about these guns I love. Anyhow, it is in ROUGH shape, but solid. Stripped it down to bones tonight, a presoak for all the metal parts, and then a full strip to bare metal is in order. The stock is going to be stripped, filled, and sanded where required.

PICs to come so don't me

Suggestions for the new look? I was thinking something out there like a blaze orange camo and grey or OD green ceracote... It is going to be a camp gun.

Chime in

Since you've got one that you're keeping stock (right?)....hmmm. Camp gun, camp gun....Cerakote seems smart if she's going to get banged around camp...maybe even just black undercoat for all weather grip? If it's really beat up, router out the stock and fill it full of survival goodies? Can you get a F/O tube to stick to the front site somehow? Howzabout a red dot for easy grouse head shots at 25 yards? I like the blaze orange if you go camo with it.
    The one Gevarm I shot was very accurate, and (claimed) ate everything 'cause of the firing...wedgy-pin thing.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Since you've got one that you're keeping stock (right?)....hmmm. Camp gun, camp gun....Cerakote seems smart if she's going to get banged around camp...maybe even just black undercoat for all weather grip? If it's really beat up, router out the stock and fill it full of survival goodies? Can you get a F/O tube to stick to the front site somehow? Howzabout a red dot for easy grouse head shots at 25 yards? I like the blaze orange if you go camo with it.
    The one Gevarm I shot was very accurate, and (claimed) ate everything 'cause of the firing...wedgy-pin thing.
    Good idea on the survival storage - I like that. I want to leave it as irons, but maybe a switch to fibre optic - would be alot better than stock. And yes they do digest any ammo with pleasure.

Only issue I had with it was failure to eject spent cartridges (once every two clip dumps or so) ... It shot one hole clovers from 30 yards all day long...
    "One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikthaniel View Post
    Only issue I had with it was failure to eject spent cartridges (once every two clip dumps or so) ... It shot one hole clovers from 30 yards all day long...
    I can live with that

Looking at some pics of guns with truck-bed-liner stocks and getting ideas now....

Banned
    Im curious to see this firearm and learn more...

I foolishly forgot to take pictures before I completely took it apart... so the previous owner has graciously said he will provide me with some "before" pics that he had.

this isn't my pic, but same rifle

here is a pic of my other Gevarm, it is a minty one with the new style receiver and threaded barrel

Banned
    Found this for ya --

From here -- http://openboltguns.blogspot.ca/2009...rm-rifles.html

A french gun, eh? Would be curious to see how she stacks up on the range.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast