Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mepro 21 vs Eotech EXPS-2

I've been hunting for the right optic to put on my Tavor because I am still rockin the irons. I have whittled my options down to 2 and cannot decide which one to choose. I thought I might get some opinions from people who have experience with the Mepro or the Eotech...or both. The shooting I will be doing will be from 0-300m so I need an accurate reticle for further engagements and a relatively quick acquisition of the reticle for closer targets. I have heard that the "X" reticle on the Mepro 21 is accurate because you don't cover your target with the light you just center it within the X. The Eotech also has the 1moa dot which would be nice for longer range also. Of course the Mepro 21 has no batteries so thats a pro and it just looks right on the Tavor. Let me know what you think. I'm torn between the two.

Or...

EoTech 4 sure.
    I hate the other one but that's my point of view.

See I'm a meprolight guy. I think the WOR add on makes those a really solid optic choice.

It's what the Tavor was made for!

I like the idea that the sight is always on, and doesn't require any batteries (except for the WOR override of course)

It's there when you need it, and solid enough to take a beating. If I had to carry my Tavor for a few days and toss it into the back of trucks: I'd have a Mepro on top all the time!

Mepro.
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.

Have you got a chance to look through either of them? My (very limited!) experience with the Eotech (that I wanted to love, I heart the way they look) was with my astigmatism, the sight blurred out...which doesn't happen with my Aimpoint or TRS-25. No idea why, but I crossed it off my list with a sad panda face.
    CSSA CCFR

Do they work just as well when put on backwards?

"One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

Sorry, but I don't think anything in that pic is backwards.

From left to right you've got: Mars Sight, Mepro 21, Mepro21 with MX3 Magnifier

Cool enough, I didn't examine the pic, just noticed the one was reversed profile than the others...
    "One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

I want to get a Mepro 21 to put head to head against a Trijicon RX34. That would be a good match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Have you got a chance to look through either of them? My (very limited!) experience with the Eotech (that I wanted to love, I heart the way they look) was with my astigmatism, the sight blurred out...which doesn't happen with my Aimpoint or TRS-25. No idea why, but I crossed it off my list with a sad panda face.
    I have an XPS 2 that I would really like except I have a minor astigmatism issue. The reticle distorts to one degree or another. It works fine for me in Steel Challenge where shots are fast and the 60 MOA circle on the target is good enough. However the dot is slightly blurred to double depending on the intensity selected. This makes it dicey for me on longer shots where accuracy is required. So for carbine matches and 3 Gun I use a non magnified Leopold prismatic. I see the reticle perfectly by adjusting the diopter ring. The reticle can be illuminated but I never use the feature. It's a very good option but hard to find.

Someone also recommended the Trijicon Reflex to me but it was significantly more.
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast