Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Laws

Magazine Laws

I think I understand magazine laws, but something is unclear to me. Is a magazine in and of itself automatically a prohibited device if it is designed to hold more than five centre fire cartridges, or is it the possession of the device with an intended use that is prohibited? To clarify, supposed somebody were to find some military memorabilia from days past in a storage box and were to discover a hypothetical 20-round C7 magazine in said box, is this possession of this unmodified piece of Canadiana considered a criminal offense? What if a guy were to coat it in some protective film, seal it in a container and store it somewhere to be found at a later time in life by somebody else? Would that be considered an no-no? Would the item magically become legal if a guy were to install a rivet in it, or is modifying this thing also bad in the eyes of Canadian Law?

Awndray, this is another elephant in the room.

legal when neutered. anyone can neuter a magazine themselves to be legal round count.
    full capacity mags, are illegal to possess otherwise, as a complete assembly. (depending on the magazine, designation, etc, now that we have these other mags on market )
    those are the laws outside of the CF, some PSC/PMSC companies, and police in canada.

anyways...

so there's really five options, make it legal by neutering, or STFU about it and preserve and bury it (prohibited device), or dissasemble the magazine into pieces then its not an illegal assembly/ prohibited device, dewatt it by welding the mag body to the follower (if able to be weld) or pinning/blocking it through permanently, or destroy it with a big f'in hammer or band saw for instance.
    there's your/our 'freedom' of choice(s), in actuality.
    Last edited by ReignCzech; 09-13-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Dis-assembly, you say? Easy enough. If I ever find myself in such a situation, that's likely the route I would follow.

Dis-assembly is the best option if you're able to put it back together easily if laws were to change. Otherwise hide it, keep quiet and don't give any reason for anyone to come looking for it. Then go to work lobbying for law changes.

It's a form of civil disobedience. Having said hypothetical magazine hurts no one, it places no burden on anyone but yourself (fear of criminal charges), and we all know the fact that it's illegal is absurd. These are the types of laws that civil disobedience were designed for.

Although I'm ashamed that my country has the Firearms Act, I am proud at the amount of Canadians who didn't bother registering any guns.
    Last edited by bettercallsaul; 09-13-2013 at 02:59 PM.

A dissembled prohibited magazine, is still prohibited. The magazine body, even without the guts, is prohibited.

I still think we should make some carrot holders. Sure you'd need to cut your carrots roughly into the shape and size of a .223 cartridge, but it's designed to hold 30 carrots only, if some yahoo tries to use his carrot holder in his Ar15 with live ammunition, well... they can try but it wasn't designed or marketed as such.
    Last edited by lone-wolf; 09-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

^ that.

Disassembly or "parts kits" is an American thing. Doesn't apply to us.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    A dissembled prohibited magazine, is still prohibited. The magazine body, even without the guts, is prohibited.
    just how does anyone think magazines are manufactured/made, assembled, and such in canada? obviously in the stages that need be to occur.

anyways, like i wrote, this is another elephant in the room.
    those 5 choices are the choice guidelines of a person to take. It's up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignCzech View Post
    just how does anyone think magazines are manufactured/made, assembled, and such in canada? obviously in the stages that need be to occur.
    Businesses like marstar have full capacity magazines, so the licenses to possess them are available to businesses.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    ^ THIS!

Disassembly does not help in any way, and there is at least one court decision to back that up.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

^^^ what? what this^^^ mlehto?

because it's a thought of that's the law and the way?

people, just check what the 'parts kit' thing actually is in hard law. reference.
    additionally, what and where's the hard law regarding magazine parts? reference.

about a "at least one case to back that up" line.*if there is*

any prior case or court decision matter nothing in a possession, etc, possible new case file number, they're only used as a reference to a jp, queens bench, judge, etc in regards and with a prosecution and case before such, prior to determination of ruling and decision of a case.
    matter nothing in everyday, or in a possible new charge, by a leo, prior to before the crown or even disclosure.

So, when an individual has to drill out a large/long rivet to replace an anti tilt follower, then reassemble it then replace the pop rivet, the entire sky is going to fall when the magazine is in separate pieces, the magazine body is a full cap without a neuter? and what if an individual is doing a full personal inventory of their magazines just as such, and as assembly line?

there's a scenario, most probable, and very occurring throughout the entire country.

as the first response to this thread says, this is an elephant in the room.
    it be stated again, of those 5 options. Canadians do actually have those choices, again, it's up to them.
    Last edited by ReignCzech; 09-15-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast