Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Mossberg 100ATR .308

Well gentlemen, I think she's complete.

From coyotes to moose, this will be my setup for years to come.

Range reports and hunting successes will be posted here as they come.

"One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

Cool, look forward to hearing of her exploits! I salute you for using the venerable .308 for all game as well, I have a hankering to do this next, enough of my Wissum/shoulder dislocator. Nice looking rifle.
    One personal observation, I love my grey laminate stocks, but hunting with them I found them slipperier than wood in the rain, I grabbed a hunk of skateboard tape for grip under the forearm...on my 10/22 I've got a strip down the front of the pistol grip as well. But then it rains a lot here:. My 2
    I like the blue and grey in the sling, where's that from?
    CSSA CCFR

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking it would be a good idea... Also, the cheek rest looks like it will likely get some bolt knicks if I am not supremely attentive so I may have to do something up there too...

The sling is an AA&E leather sling that was thrown in the deal with the ATR.
    The bipod is a UTG from amazon.ca.
    The stock is from Boyds online.
    The scope is a Bushnell Trophy XLT DOA 3-9X-40.
    "One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

One thing I will say about the Boyds stock, actually a few things...

It is a good thing I have big-ish hands or I wouldn't reach my trigger, not recommended for the small handed...

It fit like a dream but I did need to do a tiny bit of sanding to one side to get the barrel truly free floated...

And I had to remove the sling swivel and space it out with a small washer so that the bipod would mount...It was just a little too tight to the stock...

First kill with the new configuration...

Nice buck and I am sure glad that not all the Mossberg's are bad. Any chance to work up a load for it or do some group testing?

I don't reload and have only put a few types of factory ammo through it.

MFS 145gr FMJ are my current practice/coyote round and it seems to like Winchester SuperX Power Points well enough to down a deer with one trigger pull...

A local guy here is going to load me some 110gr Speers to try on the yotes...

Hopefully it stifles the noise a bit. The area I have the most coyote action is also near some friends livestock and horses that I would like to not give heart attacks to...

May just use my .17 hmr depending on the results...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikthaniel View Post
    A local guy here is going to load me some 110gr Speers to try on the yotes...

Hopefully it stifles the noise a bit. The area I have the most coyote action is also near some friends livestock and horses that I would like to not give heart attacks to...

May just use my .17 hmr depending on the results...
    110 gr. are nuts and supper flat. Once you try it on yotes you won't go back! Take Hungry's word 4 that.
    To bad you couldn't put a flash hider on it. As that would work great for the boom & blast.

I am sure I COULD get a clamp on flash hider... but that wouldn't help with noise... am I wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast