Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tanfoglio Appeal. 22lr bullpup

I was at the Bible hill gun show in Nova Scotia this saturday and walked by Freedom Ventures table and this caught my eye and I had to have it. It looks like if the Walther G22 and an FAMAS had a baby. Sean told me that this is the only one in Canada as of right now and 80 more are expected in a month or two. They were reluctant to sell it because they wanted to show it off a bit but money talks. It's fully ambidextrous, mag release is in the grip cut out. Charging handle and ejection port can be switched from left to right. It is very light and handles very well. The sights are nice and are fully adjustable. The top rail is at a nice height and the sights are easy to pick up. It would be perfect for a micro red dot like a Bushnell TRS-25. The barrel is a solid barrel and not just a liner. The body is constructed of polymer and is not screwed together like say a kel tec. I have not shot it yet but I'm going to the range Tuesday so I'll do an update on how it shoots. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this rifle and if it shoots well I think this could be a hit. I picked it up at the show for $500 and Sean said they will retail for $530 plus tax.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]URL=http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/rhyno857/media/IMG_00000017_zps8b490d3f.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Holy cow dude, they sold it to you? Good MSRP, looking forward to the range report! Perhaps ultimate grouse gun there...
    CSSA CCFR

Not something I would consider buying.
    Still curious for a range report though.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Well done! That's a neat little rifle!

Whats the magazine situation like?

Dammit, thanks for reminding me how much I want a ZK-22

Patiently awaiting range report...
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

Hmm...
    DAM YOU!!!

^giggle
    CSSA CCFR

I put 300 federal high velocity and 50 cci subsonic .22lr through it last night and it ran flawlessly. Wasn't really going for accuracy this time, just a function check. So far so good. It shot a bit high and needs a special tool to turn the front sight post so I'll have to whip up a tool. The trigger is pretty good and breaks crisp. Very impressed with it so far. It's a very well engineered rifle.

Huh! Good idea running the HV and the subsonic, great test of semi .22, IMO.
    Is that the first 350 rounds through it? Not one stovepipe, FTF....nothing? That's pretty cool for a semi .22. Easy to strip? Do you think you can see which parts might get filthiest?
    CSSA CCFR

Extremely simple to strip. Pull out charging handle. Pop out 3 pins to remove the upper receiver. Remove guide rod and spring. Slide the duel stainless guide rails out the back of the receiver and pull out the bolt assembly. It doesn't seem to get to dirty. The front of the bolt has some build up but not to bad. I want to see how many rounds I can get through it before it starts to gum up. Other then the test rounds from the factory these are the first rounds through it. As for magazines it comes with 2 10rd mags and I was told high cap mag is in the works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast