Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question STATT timelines?

My apologies if this is topic posted elsewhere, but I wanted to pose a couple of questions regarding process and timelines for obtaining a short-term-authorization-to-transport.

For a bit of background, I just purchased my first restricted firearm. As such, the dealer submitted the registration and STATT for me. About a week later, I received a confirmation of receipt for the transfer of registration from the dealer to me for the firearm from the RCMP.

Considering that I haven't yet obtained the STATT to take it home, I found this rather odd (e.g., what if my STATT is denied - it IS afterall, an application, which in itself implies the possibility - then I have to somehow figure out how to transfer the registration for the firearm that I'm unable to transport home back to the dealer. How goofy is this?!).

Question 1: Why do they even bother to perform the registration transfer when the STATT hasn't gone through? This seems to be putting the cart before the horse.

Question 2: How long does it take for the STATT to go through? I'm at the 2 week post-purchase mark as of yesterday, which is twice as long as it took to get my LTATT! (WTF?!)

In the meantime, I'm left empathizing with Homer:
    Last edited by billyedtimmy; 07-31-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    *** ATTENTION: THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE PRESENTLY UNDER REVIEW BY AND PERMANENTLY STORED AT THE NSA. THE AUTHOR(S) MAY BE CHARGED WITHOUT RECOURSE FOR ANY STATEMENTS DEEMED 'TERRORISTIC' PUNISHABLE BY, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FINES, IMPRISONMENT, TORTURE AND/OR DEATH. ***