Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Right now I expect its going to take even longer with the offices all closed down. I lucked out I sent my renewal in online on the 15th of Feb. and they had it back in my hands by the 4th of March.

Anyone get their PAL/RPAL recently? How long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Not yet, but online beats anything else with a stick for speed. Follow up emails fo scans of range cards IIRC

Welcome to GOC. I got my upgrade to rpal in May took 6 months. There was a new member here that applied in April and got it in June so 2 months (I don't recall if just pal or both). If you have applied recently it should be relatively quick, and will be until the courses start picking up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    Welcome to GOC. I got my upgrade to rpal in May took 6 months. There was a new member here that applied in April and got it in June so 2 months (I don't recall if just pal or both). If you have applied recently it should be relatively quick, and will be until the courses start picking up again.
    Thank you. Unfortunately I didn’t apply for my PAL/RPAL recently, it was last October when the average wait was 4-5 months. Though I’ve been waiting over 8 months now. I had made the grave error of not submitting my photo on photo paper in the first instance which delayed my application by months. Hindsight is 20/20! I’m hoping it will be soon now that my application is with the CFO. I’ve been checking online several times a day for a LONG time now.

Thank you. Unfortunately I didn’t apply for my PAL/RPAL recently, it was last October when the average wait was 4-5 months. Though I’ve been waiting over 8 months now. I had made the grave error of not submitting my photo on photo paper in the first instance which delayed my application by months. Hindsight is 20/20! I’m hoping it will be soon now that my application is with the CFO. I’ve been checking online several times a day for a LONG time now.
    oh I See. Yes I heard of few people with a similar situation, I don't check the thread on cgn anymore though since I got my upgrade approved. My suggestion is to call in and ask if there is anything else that is holding it up. IMO it should've been by now. Mine was 2 weeks longer than a friend of mine because I had a box ticked [the layoff box] and my explanation was "due to the covid 19 and seasonal nature of my job I have had intermittent layoffs in the past 2 years" so I was set aside until they contacted me to discuss my 'seasonal layoff' to ensure that they never caused financial hardship. IMO unless there is something else holding it up you should be g2g by now. I was seeing on CGN that around the time I was approved the process had really sped up for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    oh I See. Yes I heard of few people with a similar situation, I don't check the thread on cgn anymore though since I got my upgrade approved. My suggestion is to call in and ask if there is anything else that is holding it up. IMO it should've been by now. Mine was 2 weeks longer than a friend of mine because I had a box ticked [the layoff box] and my explanation was "due to the covid 19 and seasonal nature of my job I have had intermittent layoffs in the past 2 years" so I was set aside until they contacted me to discuss my 'seasonal layoff' to ensure that they never caused financial hardship. IMO unless there is something else holding it up you should be g2g by now. I was seeing on CGN that around the time I was approved the process had really sped up for most people.
    I phoned last at the end of June and they advised to phone back at the end of July. Hopefully it will be approved before then!

If you have the reference number from checking online, have your references call in with that number. When they call people it’s “unknown caller” and typically nobody leaves the names right in their voicemail to allow them to leave a message. That’s a typical bottleneck.

I phoned last at the end of June and they advised to phone back at the end of July. Hopefully it will be approved before then!
    I saw on CGN someone had called their CFO office yesterday and their application was approved after doing so. So I got the # from same (we’re both from B.C.) and thought I’d try calling as I had nothing to lose. I got through today on my second attempt and was asked a couple questions and was advised my background check was clear and they’d work to finalize my application. Within 1-2 hours of that phone call my application was APPROVED! FINALLY! After almost NINE MONTHS! I’m so happy and relieved. I’ve been researching firearms for nearly a year now so it’s fantastic I’ll actually be able to purchase and enjoy them now! Thanks all.

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By JeffT

Big-Boss-Man (07-14-2021), IJ22 (07-15-2021), Swingerguy (07-17-2021)