From my first post, you can tell I am newbie, just got my PAL and went to Cabelas to look at firearms to buy and I have to admit I was bit embarrassed. I am not yet familiar with all the brands and terminology the employee was using when referencing to ammo and firearms and two customers tried to help me by saying things like "Don't buy plastic guns, it's going to be hard to find parts of an Italian gun, get a bigger barrel wall to help with heat so you don't have to wait long between shots, buy mil spec firearm"

I have a few questions and hoping I can get some help here and build some confidence:

1) where is the best place to so start and get familiar with all the guns, types, do can I tell what's cheap and won't last long vs what's going to be more reliable. (Forums, Youtube firearm reviews etc.)

I want to buy a shotgun (thinking pump action) and a rifle (bolt action). I want something that's going to be 1) accurate 2) best built quality and 3) has lots of easily available options to upgrade (looking to keep what I buy forever instead of regret and looking to sell in 6 months to upgrade)

- what I want to do with them: skeet shooting, join a club and target practice at a range and deer hunting (white tail/Elk)

- I am leaning towards: 590A1 Magpul (because its mil spec) and 700 Milspec 5R 6.5 creedmore (because it's a got a good barrel and lots of good reviews)

please feel free to comment and let me know i am off the track about this firearms