Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Welcome back Harbl, my younger brother has fairly severe autism(he does require full time care), and my parents often wonder the same thing you do - who's going to look after him when they're gone. Wish I had some answers to put you at ease but I do not. I've seen it my whole childhood, it's not easy to go through.
    While you refocus on your family, I implore you to maintain some social/friend time, there's some support and relaxation. I saw it in my parents for decades, neglecting yourself too much doesn't help anyone, don't burn out. I've seen my parents go through a lot of what BSD is saying, except support on PEI is near non-existent, or was at least a decade ago. It seemed to amount to a publicly funded in school daycare for special needs. I hope I am wrong in remembering this, the people involved were at least excellent care givers.
    You're definitely in the best province to provide the best for your children from the sounds of it.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Welcome back buddy. Nice to see you here again - wondered what had happened with the C7 discussion and investing, etc.

Keep the faith. I'm the worst kind of Christian who falls back on religion only when everything is going wrong, but that's when you need it most.