Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

my best day

I know a retired JTF sniper. I shoot with him once in a while. One day, autumn of 2018 he, his wife and I were at the range where I was an RSO. I was just there to watch while they sighted in their rifles for a moose hunt. At one point, he asked if I wanted to fire his Timberwolf. Well yes. He was on the spotting scope. I hit a little low and right. I swore a little bit. He just said, "Do it again." I fired again and just shook my head. "Where the fu*& did it go? It's not even on the paper!" He laughed and said, "Do it again. Aim for your bullet hole this time." I did. And again I said, "WTF??!!" He said, "You key holed it twice." I looked at the target through the scope again and shook my head. I said, "That's BS." He said, "No, it's not. That's just good shooting. Nothing less." His wife said, "If he says you did, you did." I've shot with him a couple dozen times. I've been shooting since I was a kid and handguns since 1985. That day in 2018, I took three shots and then a sniper from JTF-2 shook my hand... that was my best day with a gun.

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By stick4543

Aniest (01-11-2020), Grain (01-14-2020), Magmalis (01-10-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020), Planetmail (02-24-2020)