Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    You used to come across more "quirky and eccentric".
    Now you sound nuts.

Before you commit to anything serious, please give it some sober thought (emphasis on sober)
    I do have 4 kids you know. By Canadian standards that automatically makes me "nuts."

We've made up our minds. We're going to try our hands at flag polling for a year in Mexico in an expat community and see if what it's like in South East Asia.

Those "developing" countries are brutal if you are native and poor, but if you port over 20 years of Canadian type savings, you basically can live like royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by NickYYC View Post
    I do have 4 kids you know. By Canadian standards that automatically makes me "nuts."

We've made up our minds. We're going to try our hands at flag polling for a year in Mexico in an expat community and see if what it's like in South East Asia.

Those "developing" countries are brutal if you are native and poor, but if you port over 20 years of Canadian type savings, you basically can live like royalty.
    I’m not sure if Mexico would be a good resettlement choice, for various reasons. And Honduras Roatan, Utila, or Belize near the Blue Hole might be better choices...

But there are areas of Asia that are heavy expat as well. But a lot of checking first might be required. I know of a few “one with the land” types over there that are big on community.