Have First Nation status, whats CAFC 1016?

What laws are different if you apply using this form and show you have First Nations status? Am an Albertan and gained Mi'kmaq statue due to my mom being a Newfie and my Nanny tracking down are family First Nation lineage.

I do not know if that complicate things or not.
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 04-28-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Token Female Moderator Candychikita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KB_TheDireWolf View Post
    What laws are different if you apply using this form and show you have First Nations status? Am an Albertan and gained Mi'kmaq statue due to my mom being a Newfie and my Nanny tracking down are family First Nation lineage.

Can you post a link to the form you are talking about? I've never heard of this. My guess is life will be a lot easier for you as a FN gun owner

Quote Originally Posted by Candychikita View Post
    Can you post a link to the form you are talking about? I've never heard of this. My guess is life will be a lot easier for you as a FN gun owner
    http://www.cfa-ltd.ca/files/1016-eng.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by KB_TheDireWolf View Post

Do you actually have the status yet?
    I've been hearing some talk on news radio in NL that there may have been a deadline for applications recently...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Do you actually have the status yet?
    I've been hearing some talk on news radio in NL that there may have been a deadline for applications recently...
    That is a fight to keep our status we won already. My mom slaved writing 10 pages mostly on her phone to send to the government. From plane tickets, to phone call records. The system is dumb and doesn't work. Right now am more worried about my history of depression getting in the way of my PAL and owning a firearm.

First Nations status makes no difference one way or another. You still get to comply with the FA and pass the tests. There are some adaptations if you meet all 3 of the criteria though. The CAFC 1016 form is how you get those adaptations to apply to you.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/ab-au-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    First Nations status makes no difference one way or another. You still get to comply with the FA and pass the tests. There are some adaptations if you meet all 3 of the criteria though. The CAFC 1016 form is how you get those adaptations to apply to you.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/ab-au-eng.htm
    Unless you live on Reserve, or hunt.
    Good luck OP, might as well take advantage if it's offered.
    CSSA CCFR

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Strewth

deerbeargrouse (04-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Unless you live on Reserve, or hunt.
    Good luck OP, might as well take advantage if it's offered.
    I'm not really really sure what it's for. It's not like I live in Newfoundland where my tribe is.

RobertMcC
    You need to live on a reserve for this to apply. If your living in AB, and tribe is in NL, your SOL.

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    I seems it's set up to by-pass the need to take the CFSC due to being in a remote location.

The thing I notice on the application is it only says "firearms license", nowhere is "restricted" mentioned, so it may only be good for a PAL but not a RPAL.
    Remember: the opposite of "Far Right" is Far Wrong.