Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My wife uses a big 'ole stainless steel wok for deep frying. It works great, is quite resistant to flare ups because the edges of the top of the wok extend way past the burner (and as kennymo says the lid is an excellent fire extinguisher), it's easy to clean, and you can use it to cook other stuff when you're not deep frying with it.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    My wife uses a big 'ole stainless steel wok for deep frying. It works great, is quite resistant to flare ups because the edges of the top of the wok extend way past the burner (and as kennymo says the lid is an excellent fire extinguisher), it's easy to clean, and you can use it to cook other stuff when you're not deep frying with it.
    Same here... We also use a commercial gas range, deep frying with electric appliances is an exercise for the patient.... Unless you're cool with 2 onion rings at a time....

TFAL Actifry Express. Had to go and look at it to remember the name, I just call it the popcorn popper.
    We've never actually done popcorn in it but that UFO bubble shape somehow evokes the term.
    Toss your taters with a little oil and chuck 'em in, it works great.
    My favourite is breaded pork chops, tender and moist every time.
    Best thing is, you're not playing with hot oil any more, it roasts your food with hot air.
    The calorie implications are obvious if you're trying to watch your inputs.
    btw onion rings come out nice and crisp
    Last edited by LB303; 05-03-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post

TFAL Actifry Express. Had to go and look at it to remember the name, I just call it the popcorn popper.
    We've never actually done popcorn in it but that UFO bubble shape somehow evokes the term.
    Toss your taters with a little oil and chuck 'em in, it works great.
    My favourite is breaded pork chops, tender and moist every time.
    Best thing is, you're not playing with hot oil any more, it roasts your food with hot air.
    The calorie implications are obvious if you're trying to watch your inputs.
    btw onion rings come out nice and crisp
    Looks like a little convection oven, a feature I have in the toaster oven here. Best for the arteries too no doubt, but I use canola oil for deep frying as recommended by a real doctor so I feel almost in the clear.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Looks like a little convection oven, a feature I have in the toaster oven here. Best for the arteries too no doubt, but I use canola oil for deep frying as recommended by a real doctor so I feel almost in the clear.
    Essentially that's correct. But it has this rotating agitator that keeps the fries cooking evenly. You take it out for larger things like chicken breast or schnitzel, just turn them once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12