Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Cripes, don't give them any ideas CLW!!!!
    Idea for us, not them.

Why send it in separately?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Idea for us, not them.

Why send it in separately?
    Because when you apply online, it does not give you an option to send a copy, or a comment section for your purpose.

I sent mine mins after I applied online, just gave them the ref # I got when I submitted my license.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

GTW (03-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Because when you apply online, it does not give you an option to send a copy, or a comment section for your purpose.

I sent mine mins after I applied online, just gave them the ref # I got when I submitted my license.
    There ya go - the online option is quite easy, it would be nice to be able to attach a pdf file of your range membership to the online application but we are dealing with those who revel in creating roadblocks to legal licensed owners. RobMcC - let us know how long your renewal takes and if they came back again looking for range membership info. I know a PAL renewal on line took 3 weeks from start to receiving it, I'm curious about RPAL renewal as mine comes up next March in 2019 - the year we make Trudeau a part time drama teacher again!
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

There ya go - the online option is quite easy, it would be nice to be able to attach a pdf file of your range membership to the online application but we are dealing with those who revel in creating roadblocks to legal licensed owners. RobMcC - let us know how long your renewal takes and if they came back again looking for range membership info. I know a PAL renewal on line took 3 weeks from start to receiving it, I'm curious about RPAL renewal as mine comes up next March in 2019 - the year we make Trudeau a part time drama teacher again!
    Will do. 8th I submitted it. 9th they sent my photo to the proper area. So shouldnt be any issues.

Got it already. 12 days.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

GTW (03-20-2018)

So those that have RPALs and own restricted weapons need to prove they belong to a range, not just for their transport permit, but also just to renew the RPAL? This is news to me.

What about those of us that have an RPAL, but don't own anything restricted (yet)? Or do they only bother you on renewing your RPAL if you actually own a restricted firearm at the present time? I renew this summer, and totally intend of keeping my restricted status for eventual use, even though I don't currently own anything restricted - I'm wondering if I should be expecting push back this year while renewing. It hasn't been a problem for me in the past.

It would be silly if they pushed back on folks in my position; because they would essentially be ushering us into acquiring restricted firearms (and range memberships) just to keep our RPAL status - figuratively shooting themselves in the foot. But I'm curious if folks think I might expect some form of push back in my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Myotis View Post
    So those that have RPALs and own restricted weapons need to prove they belong to a range, not just for their transport permit, but also just to renew the RPAL? This is news to me.

What about those of us that have an RPAL, but don't own anything restricted (yet)? Or do they only bother you on renewing your RPAL if you actually own a restricted firearm at the present time? I renew this summer, and totally intend of keeping my restricted status for eventual use, even though I don't currently own anything restricted - I'm wondering if I should be expecting push back this year while renewing. It hasn't been a problem for me in the past.

It would be silly if they pushed back on folks in my position; because they would essentially be ushering us into acquiring restricted firearms (and range memberships) just to keep our RPAL status - figuratively shooting themselves in the foot. But I'm curious if folks think I might expect some form of push back in my situation.
    they may try to take away your restricted endorsement

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by manic29 View Post
    they may try to take away your restricted endorsement
    That isnt going to happen just because he doesnt own any.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

As I understand it it's the provincial CFO that requires proof of range membership. The Feds have never asked me about range membership.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Got it already. 12 days.
    I'm not sure I read this correctly. Are you saying you submitted your renewal application online and had it completed and returned with a new license in 12 days?
    "The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with someone else's life"

-- Frank Zappa

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast