Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gostumpy View Post
    Yeah.....

CZ455 CDN: $550
    Rings: $85
    Diamondback 3-12x42: $480
    Current total: $1115 for a 22lr

Ow
    Rings from amazon $20.00 Tasco 6-28X varmint scope with parallax adjustment that I already had ($200 if I'd bought it today) .17HMR 455 Canadian full retail $600.00 and I have a sub MOA rifle at 100 yards; but I'm out of pocket $20 bucks for the rings... and I like the rifle; and now that I'm older; more apt to go varmint hunting with this, than the heavy .223 I traded for it.

The 457 looks interesting. I’d be really interested in a lefty or at least a target model with an ambi stock.

Or, I suppose, wait for a compatible chassis and then a sale on said chassis.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    The 457 looks interesting. I’d be really interested in a lefty or at least a target model with an ambi stock.

Or, I suppose, wait for a compatible chassis and then a sale on said chassis.
    They sure look nice. From what I have been able to find out they are using the same barrel/receiver attachment; Safety is changing to forward for fire, back for safe more intuitive and ergonomic; trigger is changing I think. The rest seems to be styling, and it sure looks nice! My 455 trigger is good, but I have it adjusted as light as it will go. I've heard that some have replaced the spring with one that is lighter with good success for a lighter trigger pull.

There are a few other makes of .17 at our club, and mine has been out-shooting them so far.

My next .22 will likely be either a super match or a Lux II .455.

One of the big changes is a 60degree bolt lift(similar to the ruger american rimfire) - more scope clearance than the old design.

457 Varmint Match Target
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

I have a 452 Lux lefty, bought when I found out they were out of production (nice to see some still around here and there). I put a Leupold VX-1 rimfire and rings on it, because sometimes I do "Style" and it does clear the rear sight.

Love the look of the one above - I've not seen any pics other than what NS teased.

I'd like something styled like an Anschutz MPR. The CZ with a heavy barrel could be it. I'd prefer a lefty, but the anni isn't made LH any more either, so...eh.. it's not a deal breaker so long as the stock isn't sculpted for RH use

Plus I have a pile of CZ mags. If I'm rounding up an order to get free shipping or see a sale, I usually pick one up. The 25 rounders are fun.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Eh, yeah - their only "Match" model is dextral AF.

Disappointing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123