Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

This morning I got my CZ. I removed the mag, went to take off the trigger lock. Go to pull back the slide and I couldn't, was locked solid. I was like hmmm, guy said it worked and no issues. Message him and he said well it was working when I sent it.

So I put the gun in my cabinet and had to run out in town. Come back to figure it out...... Go to take the trigger lock off. Went to pull back the slide and it came back and cocked the hammer. DA worked everything worked. ODD...

Put a mag and try and nothing.. Back to not working.

Guy said he wasn't going to refund it. Since it was working when he shipped it. And maybe pay for a smith. But told me one of his guns does it.Asked the guys I shoot PPC with and never heard of this issue. I was pissed. Stuck with a broken gun, I went to take it apart since was no refund.

Took the mainspring off, still jammed. Took the safety off, still jammed.

Long story short, I took the sear block off to see the disconnector pin 1/8" inch out of the right. Preventing the hammer from cocking. Pin slid in and out super easy and with no force. Pin was way under sized. Looking at the pin, it was a make shift one. Guess previous lost it.

Spare parts had a proper pin in, which fixed everything.

So moral of the story. Just because you can fix something doesn't mean you should.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

firemachine69 (08-09-2018), killer kane (08-11-2018), Rory McCanuck (08-09-2018), Turtlehead (08-09-2018)

During my apprenticeship, one of the instructors had a sign up in his class.

"If you don't have time to fix it properly, however will you find time to fix it over?"

It has stuck with me all this time.
    I don't always follow it, but I almost always think of it as I'm doing a bush repair.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

He said his shadow has the same issue and has to tap it to work. Makes me realize that he did it to his own gun.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

Rory McCanuck (08-09-2018), Stew (08-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    So moral of the story. Just because you can fix something doesn't mean you should.
    lol...that there is a true life lesson.
    Fight Bill C-71 by visiting http://oneclearvoice.ca now with new printable/editable versions
    An Open Letter to Canadian Gun Owners

People like these examples should be reported publicly here. That’s the whole point of trader ratings.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Smc

Doug_M (08-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    He said his shadow has the same issue and has to tap it to work. Makes me realize that he did it to his own gun.
    Just to put the fear of god into him and maybe teach him a lesson you should message him the results of what you found and tell him you are reporting him to the police for selling you a tampered with gun.

People are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Just to put the fear of god into him and maybe teach him a lesson you should message him the results of what you found and tell him you are reporting him to the police for selling you a tampered with gun.

People are stupid.
    When he told me that his Shadow was doing something like this. I knew something was up. I shoot every friday with 6-7 CZ SP01/Shadow/S2 and TS. Never once heard of this issue. When I notice the pin and how easy it was sliding around I knew that was the issue. Him saying his Shadow does it as well. Makes me realize he must used the same pin. Because the pin was heat discoloration, and wasn't smooth cut with a dremel or something.

Never said nothing back to me. After telling him that well his issue with both guns are caused by him.

Gun may have worked. But still EFF'ed it up.

Some people are just dumb.

Had the gun out today. I love it.

160rds function fired and accurate. DA isn't as great as my GP K100 though.

I'd definitely recommend leaving a negative trader rating. He lied about the condition of the gun. (He said it worked with no issues, but a locked slide/hammer is not working without issue.) He knew that it didn't work properly as evidenced by his statement that his other gun did the same thing. If it worked properly then it wouldn't "do the same thing" as his other gun. (That tells me he knew what the issue was, what he'd done and that he'd also done it to that other gun too. Which is kinda critical since if he's done it to one... how many other guns has he done this to? How many other people have bought guns he's tampered with? Or might buy a gun he's tampered with?)

You had to spend time and money to fix the gun to get it in serviceable condition. Which, as an aside, if you knew you had to do that... would you have bought the gun at the price you paid?
    This could potentially have resulted in major issues like injury. I mean say he messed with the gun to make it full auto... But he screwed it up and so a single pull of the trigger would fire the entire magazine?

Alternatively maybe message the trader site to let them know? This way they can decide if they want to take further action against him.