Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BF5 Killed my Xbox

Clickbait title.
    It's probably not related but coincidental, but ever since installing bf5, my xbox has been stuck in a update freeze that required me to factory reset the thing, and having to go through the setup process again. Thankfully didn't have to redownload the game.
    Now, it's stuck on the green screen, which means I have to try and factory reset it again hoping it'll come back.

No issues with the thing until I got bf5. Which itself likes to crash and give me odd game ending issues like glitching through the map and being unable to respawn - having to exit the game.
    Which is a shame because it's usually a fairly fun game when it is working.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

I had bad luck with evey xbox i have owned. I had the original and the power cord burned up, and the 360 with the red ring so i refused to buy the xbone and stuck with PS

The only problem being my first playstation 3 stopped reading discs but now i use it for my netflix machine in my bedroom.

My son (14) is begging me for an xbone so looks like i will be getting one soon.

I can't wait to play some battlefield 5 tonight when im home from work, i hope its as good as it looks.

PS rules!
    Last edited by Magmalis; 11-22-2018 at 06:03 PM.

I've never owned an xbox console (too many times heard of the red ring issue to chance it).

Though I have had several Playstation 3 consoles run into issues... Had a second generation PS3 (the big fat one that actually had backwards compatibility with PS2 games) that died due to overheating (the fairly rare yellow light issue). Got a later generation PS3 and had to have the blu ray diode replaced twice (playing Resistance 2 a lot kinda killed the diode). One time I sent it back to Sony (big mistake as they replaced the entire disk drive and wiped the hard drive). Second time I just took it to a second hand guy and he was able to fix it in a few days for about $50 by just replacing the diode itself. I guess it's a known issue that the blu ray diodes in the PS3s die quickly.

Never had any issues with my PS1, PS2 or PS4 though.

Nintendos rule.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

Steveo9mm (11-23-2018), Swingerguy (11-23-2018)

Still on my late generation Xbox 360.

I bought a second one, and it died in very short order.

My first is still going strong, although I basically only use it for Netflix now.

I got a NES, SNES, Game Cube ( all working ) Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3/PS4
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

It kept getting worse, randomly freezing now, won't sign me in, signs in but won't start games, ect.
    Like any other pc, you can see it dying.
    Did a couple factory resets but didn't delete game data, didn't help in the long run.

Trying a factory reset with nothing saved.
    It seems to me like the hdd might be nearing kaput.

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    It kept getting worse, randomly freezing now, won't sign me in, signs in but won't start games, ect.
    Like any other pc, you can see it dying.
    Did a couple factory resets but didn't delete game data, didn't help in the long run.

Trying a factory reset with nothing saved.
    It seems to me like the hdd might be nearing kaput.
    Well if that doesnt work you had better put it down humanly, a 12g slug or 3 will do the trick. Just make sure you give it a proper burial with all the peices in one garbage bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmalis View Post
    Well if that doesnt work you had better put it down humanly, a 12g slug or 3 will do the trick. Just make sure you give it a proper burial with all the peices in one garbage bag.
    I laughed at that now I'm considering it.
    I thought I solved the problem with a full reset of the xbox which included me having to redownload bf5(thankfully the internet is capable here) and all seemed well.
    Another xbox update this morning, a meager 300mb and once again, I got an error, the xbox restarted, and now won't finish the update... again.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I laughed at that now I'm considering it.
    I thought I solved the problem with a full reset of the xbox which included me having to redownload bf5(thankfully the internet is capable here) and all seemed well.
    Another xbox update this morning, a meager 300mb and once again, I got an error, the xbox restarted, and now won't finish the update... again.

...it’s time, the old girl lived a good life. Now shove a cigar in its disc drive and wrap a blindfold over the logo before you give it the Old Yeller treatment.

Trust me it’s better this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast