Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skunked

Well, officially skunked on deer this year now too. Season ends tomorrow, but I can’t make it out. Which seems to be the story of this hunting season....haven’t been able to string more than a half day here and there together, hunting camp was a bust, wound up going solo all deer season. More hassle than anything, I usually exit deer season relaxed and renewed, ready to face the bulls##t of another year. Not so much this time.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Turtlehead (12-01-2018)

One more weekend for deer for me. Lots of rubs. No deer. Might be a wolf or a big cat. It's like someone vacuumed them up. At least it is time from work.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Got my buck on Grey Cup Sunday, late morning (1130) on a beautiful sunny day. First time I've had success with a doe bleat.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

In hind sight, maybe I should have been looking for my moose that sunday.
    But you can't ask for nicer weather in November for a football game in Edmonton.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    In hind sight, maybe I should have been looking for my moose that sunday.
    But you can't ask for nicer weather in November for a football game in Edmonton.
    I had a four year old daughter that asked grandma for tickets to a monster truck rally for Christmas my last Sunday.....I’ve missed days in the woods for worse reasons....and I thank my lucky stars she didn’t want a Barbie.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Dewey Cox (12-04-2018), ruger#1 (12-06-2018), Turtlehead (12-05-2018)

There's several areas in Alberta where the indians are harvesting extremely aggressively. Unfortunately its not just the bulls either, they're taking cows and yearlings..basically anything with a pulse. Central BC has had this happening for a bit as well especially up the Williams Lake corridor. I know Fish and Game field personnel working in a few of the areas have talked with the bands and tried to discourage over harvesting. The bands are not too interested in listening though. There is an impetus to make sure non-Indians don't get the game, even if it destroys the population. Seems to be a concerted effort among various bands across at least AB and BC to do this.

Since they can hunt at night with spotlights they have an edge as well due to this years warmer fall. A lot of game is feeding at night and staying less mobile during the day.

The provincial governments know the over harvesting is happening, their game survey's are pretty clear on that. They're still issuing tags though...don't want to lose the revenue even though they know there's little chance you're going to fill the tag.

So if you're in one of these areas, that might be part of the explanation as to why your tag is tougher to fill.
    Last edited by Soph; 12-06-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    "The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with someone else's life"

-- Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12