Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    Not really, worked with a guy that had one in his car(mandated by law) they are relativity easy to trick/by pass,the simplest is to get someone else to blow in and start the car.
    That's good for short distances but it supposed to also randomly ask for another sample during the trip.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    That's good for short distances but it supposed to also randomly ask for another sample during the trip.
    They are also not exactly reliable.
    And society has been getting fairly well trained not to drive in DUI territory. Partly why distracted driving and MJ recreational use was passed. Revenue stream drying up, these are attempts to diversify.
    MADD is looking to diversify as well. They are moving towards either sensors to disable the vehicle when driving unusual/fun and maybe related to where you’re looking. I. E. Driver looking down buzz if possibly asleep, etc

It’s just all entities trying to survive and grow at the expense of individuals.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By SIR VEYOR

M1917 Enfield (12-05-2018), Rory McCanuck (12-05-2018)

It's suppose to but as I said there are a number of work around and a few lesser known things that a little research or ingenuity will get you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    They'll have you believe that Crown means ours. We all know that in reality, Crown means theirs.
    Oh, I know. I just like to pretend sometimes. I wish they would just officially call us serfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Likeaboss View Post
    News flash, you also have to stop any fools in your family from providing their samples...

...a better strategy would be to plan for the eventuality that everyone will have access to your DNA.

Sent from my Pixel 5 XXX-L using Tapatalk
    Good point LaB. I forgot about that one.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-tree-website/

By Clare WilsonCould this dampen the current enthusiasm for DNA-based family trees? A Californian serial killer may have been identified by genetic samples that his distant relatives gave to a genealogy website.While most people would be happy to help track down a serial killer, there are concerns this could be just the beginning of police using commercial genetics services to investigate other, less serious crimes.Currently, major DNA ancestry companies – such as 23AndMe – say they generally resist police inquiries, unless they have a court order. However, customers often choose to broaden their search for long-lost branches of their family tree by uploading their raw DNA data into a free site called GEDmatch.According to The Mercury News, investigators in California used GEDmatch to help identify the suspect they believe to be the so-called Golden State Killer.This serial killer is thought to have committed more than 50 rapes and 12 murders across California in the 1970s and 80s. This week, investigators arrested Joseph James DeAngelo, a 72-year-old former policeman, and he has been charged with eight counts of murder.
    Homing in

They tracked him down by comparing samples taken from a crime scene decades ago with genetic profiles of individuals on the GEDmatch database.The Sacramento investigators are not giving out details of how exactly they did this. It’s possible that once they had found a partial match on the database, they then used public records to identify related individuals.According to The Sacramento Bee, the team’s suspicions were increased by the fact that DeAngelo was in the right age range, and had lived in some of the places where the attacks occurred. Before arresting him, they first covertly took a new DNA sample from an item DeAngelo had discarded, to confirm the DNA match.A statement recently posted on the GEDmatch website states that people who are concerned about non-genealogical uses of their DNA should not upload their DNA to the database, and should remove any DNA that has already been uploaded.Read more: DNA testing firms are cashing in our genes. Should we get a cut?

Browser won't let me edit right now.

Add to post #45 that increased insurance/medical premiums and denials of coverage are coming based on DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Nope. The government f---s up damned near everything they touch. They cant even be good dope dealers. Theres no way in hell I'd willingly allow them to have control over the ignition in my truck.
    I don't think he's serious, lone-wolf doesn't seem like the type to go full retard. But I should ask him not to give the government any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    I don't think he's serious, lone-wolf doesn't seem like the type to go full retard. But I should ask him not to give the government any ideas.
    Oh man, I thought you guys would love my idea
    Hey, the DFO wants fishing boats to have live feed cameras on them so they can monitor us from Ottawa, maybe all passenger cars should be doing the same?
    Much better idea than the mandatory breathalyzers I think - that was a dumb idea.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Oh man, I thought you guys would love my idea
    Hey, the DFO wants fishing boats to have live feed cameras on them so they can monitor us from Ottawa, maybe all passenger cars should be doing the same?
    Much better idea than the mandatory breathalyzers I think - that was a dumb idea.
    The RCMP out this way, Sit on overpasses with spotting scopes. That's how they nail you for drinking, And using the cell phone. Used to be fun listening to them before they went digital. I can still listen to the police in the USA.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Why the .05 'warning' in the first place? I like the simplicity of binary logic.
    I believe in Germany, where they have been known to enjoy the odd beer, there is ZERO blood alcohol permitted when driving.
    Personally that's been my standard for many years.
    One beer = I'm not driving anywhere for the next 4 hours, so I make my choice accordingly.
    Two beers = should have left the car at home.
    Smoke a joint, and drive? Not my thing, and, not on your Nelly. At least Nelly would know the way home.
    Moving along at speed and in comfort, people mostly don't seem to appreciate the serious physics involved.
    Adding more airbags just seems to increase the propensity to drive like an idiot, ever notice?
    Given all the distracted/retarded behaviours I see on the road every day, the extra complications from intoxicants aren't needed.

That said, I've been stopped in the middle of a podunk town in rural Ontario too, for one of those 100% check everybody 'random' checks.
    Happened around school bus time on a Wednesday afternoon. Guess there's little to do around there but drink.
    The cop was purely business. Have you been drinking, have a nice day.
    This was years before I got into firearms, but it got me thinking about government intrusiveness versus right to privacy.
    As I later learned, the only right we have is to ask permission for anything.
    Turdo and his minions are doing their best to quash even that.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast